Steering shaft slop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guss327

Reaction score
what about the dodge 94 to 00 shaft or is this considered the jeep? I NEED TO DO SOMTHING IN MY 93 K1500 BURBAN

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rag joint is cheap. I paid $27 shipped for mine on Rock Auto and it took 20 minutes to install. Hand tools and an angle grinder is all you need.

I’ve done the Jeep shaft in a square body. I can’t say it’s any better than a new rag joint other than it won’t go bad. On the flip side, the original lasted a really long time.

My only concern with my current shaft is the upper joint. The joint is in good condition but the boot is completely torn. I’m not sure what to do about that.

Guss327

Reaction score
well update I did the shaft upgrade from a jeep Cherokee square like 96 I think. It worked great and should of done sooner . I recommend this

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I’d try testing for slop downstream of the rag joint by removing the cover to watch the coupling while I rotated the shaft upstream of the rag joint.

For me, I didn’t find any slop in the rag joint but apparently slop in the steering gear.

You can hopefully see the shaft turning back and forth but the pitman arm never moves.

1996 Yukon 2WD

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score