Steering knuckle lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
im looking at possibly buying a lift for my 99 k1500 but I really would much rather go with a steering knuckle lift like I had on my last truck(Chevy Colorado).
The thing is I want only a 4” lift. Is there any out there I haven’t been able to find one.
Thanks in advance

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy an RCD they come with Bilstein shocks. If all you want is 4" of lift just don't install the rear addaleaf and don't crank the torsion bars up. That is what I did with my 98 K2500 8 lug.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Buy an RCD they come with Bilstein shocks. If all you want is 4" of lift just don't install the rear addaleaf and don't crank the torsion bars up. That is what I did with my 98 K2500 8 lug.

You must be registered for see images attach
I’d like to still have an add a leaf because my truck kinda sags more then it should with a load so would rather have an add a leaf then extra block

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 4" trail master lift that is not technically knuckle lift, but kind of is. It's like the Rancho lifts were. It uses a spacer on the upper ball joint mount of the knuckle to space the upper control arm up 4". My son bought this lift used to put on his girlfriends truck, then she sold the truck and bought a car before they installed it. It's complete with knuckles, bearings, control arms, everything. I have it posted in the for sale section. Pic is in post 7

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/lift-kits.43807/

Reaction score
I have a 4" trail master lift that is not technically knuckle lift, but kind of is. It's like the Rancho lifts were. It uses a spacer on the upper ball joint mount of the knuckle to space the upper control arm up 4". My son bought this lift used to put on his girlfriends truck, then she sold the truck and bought a car before they installed it. It's complete with knuckles, bearings, control arms, everything. I have it posted in the for sale section. Pic is in post 7

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/lift-kits.43807/
I’ll keep it in mind I’m still in the air for sure if I want a 4” or 2-3” it’s hard for me to decide cause I want a little more height but the truck is a street truck mostly

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
im looking at possibly buying a lift for my 99 k1500 but I really would much rather go with a steering knuckle lift like I had on my last truck(Chevy Colorado).
The thing is I want only a 4” lift. Is there any out there I haven’t been able to find one.
Thanks in advance

Short answer, no. Lift knuckles/spindles do not exist for GMT400 as they do for GMT800+, there are funky add-on pieces to sort of make a lift knuckles out of the stock unit.

Longer answer, it might be possible: What you would need to do is perform the GMT800 brake upgrade, as discussed here: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/nbs-front-brake-swap-for-obs-trucks.17805/ and other threads/forums, but instead of milling the BJ tapers out on a stock knuckle it would be on a lift knuckle.

I don't think I've read where anyone has done this, I'm speculating that it is possible based on the reality of making stock GMT800 knuckles fit GMT400s. I have the LCA & diff drop brackets for my flatbed, I need a set of knuckles and something for the torsion bars and I'm game to try it.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe tuff country made a knuckle lift for 88-98 Chevy trucks.
I remember still seeing them advertised back in 2007ish.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe tuff country made a knuckle lift for 88-98 Chevy trucks.
I remember still seeing them advertised back in 2007ish.

Yeah me too. They offered both knuckle and and all drop brackets back then.