Steering box - pitman shaft leak -replace seal while in k1500 truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is leaking bad. I bought one at LQK and It looks good and its time to put it in.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have the puller, how can I replace the arm and not destroy that seal. I guess the 2 arms will smash the lip on 2 sides and I could just apply some gasket goo?

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is leaking bad. I bought one at LQK and It looks good and its time to put it in.

I have the puller, how can I replace the arm and not destroy that seal. I guess the 2 arms will smash the lip on 2 sides and I could just apply some gasket goo?
Watch this first. Now would be the time.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

That black rubber sleeve just slides up - out of the way of the puller jaws.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Popped the arm easily w this gun and sockets my brother bought for me last year. He saw both on sale for very good price, no battery but I have tons of Roybi tools and batteries and he likes Milwaukee. Now I assume I can pull the hoses off, detach the steering shaft, pull the newer arm off the shaft and swing it out of the way. Then drop the old gear, bolt the junkyard in, put the hoses on and bolt it in. Then I could bleed the air out easily just turning the wheel and not turning the wheels. Then attach the hanging arm and be done.

Last edited: