Steel Braided Brake lines.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Im swapping out my front brakes/rotors and rear drum brakes and wheel cylinders. Can someone point me in the right direction for Steel Braided brake lines?

95 Z71 1500

Thank you

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
how come those are only for 4x4? are the rwd lines different? I know my 4x4 97 burb well but havent worked on my RWD sierra brakes at all but the entire system was brand new, except for the rubber lines.

I'm just curious is all because, besides the different systems by rpo code, I thought the lines were the same between the k and the c.

hmmm

thanks for sharing as I have had the same question for a while and I really want to do this on both of my trucks.

Al

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@thegawd I personally can't speak for the differences between two and four wheel drive brake hoses.

If you have a two wheel drive truck you need Russell part number 672340. I have used them under two of my trucks. I build 2wd trucks so that's the only part number I have ever personally used. They are very nice pieces. They fit very well and are super high quality.

To clarify, the part number I posted above for @Big D is the proper 4wd part number for his Z71.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
how come those are only for 4x4? are the rwd lines different? I know my 4x4 97 burb well but havent worked on my RWD sierra brakes at all but the entire system was brand new, except for the rubber lines.

I'm just curious is all because, besides the different systems by rpo code, I thought the lines were the same between the k and the c.

hmmm

thanks for sharing as I have had the same question for a while and I really want to do this on both of my trucks.

Al
Hose length.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had no idea Russell made brake line kits for these trucks, I'm going to have to pick some up. I used Russell braided line and fittings when I did the transmission cooler lines for my 4L80E swap in the red truck, very happy with all of it so far. Thanks for the info @10mm Nut!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You won't notice any difference due to braided lines vs. rubber lines. What you may notice difference from would be a fully bled system after having swapped lines. :D Or of course if the rubber lines were bad, that wouldn't necessarily cause squishiness.. but dragging/pulling brakes.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You won't notice any difference due to braided lines vs. rubber lines. What you may notice difference from would be a fully bled system after having swapped lines. :D Or of course if the rubber lines were bad, that wouldn't necessarily cause squishiness.. but dragging/pulling brakes.

Richard

But look at how shiny they are! :lol:

I figured this would be the case but I'm stocking up anyway. I know the rubber lines on my Suburban have been changed at least once but I'm not sure about the red truck. Can't hurt to have a set for each in the parts pile.