Static drop possibilities

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRaized

Reaction score
Probably been discussed at so point but I am wanting to know if anyone has got a 5” rear drop without flip kit, and without removing overload spring… my truck is at a 3ish/4 spindles and 1” bell tech spring front shackle/hanger back. Not wanting flip kit since I have a rear sway bar and traction bars… is there a 3” drop shackle maybe for a different truck that would work? Or hanger, spring, lift shackle combo anyone has done?

TexasRaized

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have a notch though did that prior to having the frame powder coated, planed for possibly going lower and wanted the suspension travel…

Attachments

• BC77A315-79A5-4D63-8A48-CFB635B0A587.png
    BC77A315-79A5-4D63-8A48-CFB635B0A587.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have a notch though did that prior to having the frame powder coated, planed for possibly going lower and wanted the suspension travel…
OK, I misread you then. Didn't realize you had a notch just not flipped. So to clarify my response, I've run sway bars with a flip kit, but not traction bars. Hellwig on one truck, AddCo on another; preferred the Hellwig but I'm pretty sure everyone's offerings have changed a bit since I did those installs many years ago. Full rear spring packs retained on both trucks, and one of 'em was a 6-lug 2500 (4+1 pack.)

Richard

TexasRaized

Reaction score
Agreed that’s what I am currently running a Hellwig, did you have to change the end links on the Hellwig? I know my Lakewood traction bars won’t work with flip kit though because of the design to bolt under the axle. Company’s make traction bars for a flip kit but these are new just trying to see if I can salvage what I have without having to find a buyer and all that.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, the Hellwig I used came with 2 sets of end links, just different lengths, shorter for the dropped application. I don't think that particular part # is available anymore as they've changed designs so I don't know what they are doing now. I managed to wear out those endlinks after a few years and they were cool enough to send me a replacement set for free.

Richard