static drop pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Che70velle

Reaction score
Dang. Beautiful truck. You did an awesome job building it. I know you wanted to keep it nice for shows, but how come it's been driven and started so little?

didn’t build it to drive. When you get really serious about doing the indoor ISCA type shows, you have to make a choice. Truck has a ton of chrome under it. Every fastener on truck is stainless Allen head, etc. Just way too nice for me to drive. Truck has won best paint in ISCA competition. Just stupid nice really. I have a lot of other toys to play with. I’ve built several high end builds, and this one honestly just got pushed to the back.
Got into asphalt late models around 2000, and that consumed all of my time for many years, so I never got back around to messing with the truck. Meanwhile I built an 87’ that my brother bought new, for him, in a similiar fashion, but lifted way up on 44’s with 17” lift, etc. Makes this truck look like I did a bad job...it’s nice.
I could go on and on with reasons, and other builds, to explain why it never got drove, or even started up. Life just got on the way, with kids, starting a business, etc...
On a brighter note, I’ve just gone through the truck with new brake lines, all hoses and fluids, water pump (ruined from sitting) alternator, etc. New wheels are shipping this week from Billet Specialties, 20” rear and 18” front so it will look more modern.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
didn’t build it to drive. When you get really serious about doing the indoor ISCA type shows, you have to make a choice. Truck has a ton of chrome under it. Every fastener on truck is stainless Allen head, etc. Just way too nice for me to drive. Truck has won best paint in ISCA competition. Just stupid nice really. I have a lot of other toys to play with. I’ve built several high end builds, and this one honestly just got pushed to the back.
Got into asphalt late models around 2000, and that consumed all of my time for many years, so I never got back around to messing with the truck. Meanwhile I built an 87’ that my brother bought new, for him, in a similiar fashion, but lifted way up on 44’s with 17” lift, etc. Makes this truck look like I did a bad job...it’s nice.
I could go on and on with reasons, and other builds, to explain why it never got drove, or even started up. Life just got on the way, with kids, starting a business, etc...
On a brighter note, I’ve just gone through the truck with new brake lines, all hoses and fluids, water pump (ruined from sitting) alternator, etc. New wheels are shipping this week from Billet Specialties, 20” rear and 18” front so it will look more modern.
I gotcha. That's understandable considering all of the work you put into and just life in general getting in the way. I cam definitely relate. Whenever you get the new shoes, you'll have to throw up more pics. I'm sure we'd all like to see some interior shots. What kind of suspension did you go with on it?

Che70velle

Reaction score
I gotcha. That's understandable considering all of the work you put into and just life in general getting in the way. I cam definitely relate. Whenever you get the new shoes, you'll have to throw up more pics. I'm sure we'd all like to see some interior shots. What kind of suspension did you go with on it?

Front suspension is Chisholm...it was the latest and greatest in 96’...uppers and dropped lowers. McGaughy 2” spindles and cut BellTech springs. Rear is a custom setup. I put new spring pads on bottom of axle housing and then went with a 1” aluminum block to drop it some more. It will all get adjusted when I get the new wheel/tire combo on it. I’m wanting to make the rear tuck a little, so I’m gonna have to adjust both ends to keep the rake in the truck.
I’ll post more pics as progress occurs. Wheels are here, just figuring out tires now.