Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks man, I don’t have any tuner computers, but I’ll hit up the shop and see what the cost will be and go ahead and do it!

No problem!

You'll want to check at performance shops, somewhere with a dyno would be a good bet. Most auto shops like dealerships, mom & pop maintenance shops etc. won't have HPTuners. It's a program that's used to alter the tune on many factory PCMs.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the video I can see it on, but so are all the other lights, but honestly I really can’t tell. It’s happened like 5 times and I wasn’t paying attention to lights. For the sake of a fix, say it is on?
The temporary fix if the light is staying on is to cycle the key 3 times over 30 minutes. But if the (notoriously shìtty) passlock system is acting up in other ways, deleting it is best.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The temporary fix if the light is staying on is to cycle the key 3 times over 30 minutes. But if the (notoriously shìtty) passlock system is acting up in other ways, deleting it is best.
Yup that's what I had to get done on the Burb in 2019. Found a speed shop that has the tuning programs; they do a lot of work on later LS powered vehicles. They were recommended by a shop I've traded with before,that I had take a look at the Burb, the one time that week it would start and stay running.
I hated to spend the $250(barely had it) but it fixed the problem! I had spent the previous 3 months not being able to fully count on the Burb starting...and it seemed like the worse you needed to get to work, the more likely it was that it wouldn't start. I tried all the "relearn/reset" procedures,and they'd work one or two times,and then I'd have to try something else. Wash rinse repeat, you know?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
randomly about once a month, it will crank and turn over but then instantly kill itself.
What does that mean?

"Cranking" and "turning over" are the SAME THING. Do you mean "cranks normally, then runs"?

"Instantly kill itself" means WHAT? The starter no longer cranks the engine? The engine was running, but then stalls?

Far as I know, the "security" system allows the engine to crank, run for about two seconds, then stalls. This is the way it's intended to work when the computer doesn't get the proper signal from the security module. So if that's what's happening, investigating the "security" system is totally appropriate.

But if there's something else going on, the diagnosis procedure could be very different.

chapmangd

Reaction score
What does that mean?

"Cranking" and "turning over" are the SAME THING. Do you mean "cranks normally, then runs"?

"Instantly kill itself" means WHAT? The starter no longer cranks the engine? The engine was running, but then stalls?

Far as I know, the "security" system allows the engine to crank, run for about two seconds, then stalls. This is the way it's intended to work when the computer doesn't get the proper signal from the security module. So if that's what's happening, investigating the "security" system is totally appropriate.

But if there's something else going on, the diagnosis procedure could be very different.
I meant it in the sense that is cranks, then runs for a split second, then cuts itself off. Mechanic talk is a little bit simpler down here in the south, sorry chief.