Starting an LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
So I guess I'm starting my LS swap as I'm now the proud owner of an 03 (as near as I can determine) DBW with supposedly 80K mikes. I was told the engine was resealed by the kids in the local community college auto program.

So I'm looking at AC compressor mounts and run across this seller on Amazon.
There is some nice looking stuff and they also cater to the motorcycle crowd. Found a couple reviews on the company and while not fantastic reviews nothing really bad to say about them. The price sure is right compared to other offerings. Opinions welcome on these items!!

I still have a ways to go before I'll need that stuff. The block is painted lime green now:puke:so that needs to be changed. I may/most likely pull the intake and accessory mount to make cleanup easier and maybe???? remove some of the humps and bumps to smooth it a bit?????

What the hell have I gotten myself into?????????:Pshyco:

Ken

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just let it be.. a couple years and enough oil leaks nobody will be able to see the lime green. :)

ICT Billet makes good stuff. might want to check them out on the AC brackets.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Just let it be.. a couple years and enough oil leaks nobody will be able to see the lime green. :)

ICT Billet makes good stuff. might want to check them out on the AC brackets.
Well my brain won't allow the green to stay. I like lime green.... just not on an engine block! I did see the ICT stuff but what I posted has me thinking I can make both sides match and be more 'attractive" than the factory mount on the left side. Save a little cash as a bonus.

I do have an extra SBC A/C mount and have read the threads on modifying it to work. Might go that direction but don't care for the look and it looks a bit sketchy/flimsy.

Ken

Last edited: