stand alone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a completely stock tune. He explained to me what was going on but I have no knowledge of transmissions so I didnt really know what he was talking about. He said bottom line its locking up to soon and the parameters needed to be changed.... or I could just live w it lol.

" The TCC lockup is all based on MPH and throttle opening" .

Thats what he said also. Its locking up in the same throttle position as my old stock set up. My motor now is a nicely built 383 stroker with about double the power. So before the old throttle position I may be be at 55 or 60 mph but with my new set up at the same throttle position im only at 40 in 4th gear. Unfortunately I have an OBD1 computer so no one around me can tune it and I have No clue how to burn a chip or know where to even start.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have an OBD1 computer so no one around me can tune it and I have No clue how to burn a chip or know where to even start.
If you go over to gearhead-efi.com, you can find someone to reprogram your PCM for a lot less than installing a stand alone controller. The only upside to a stand alone that I can see is that you could play with the settings as much as you want to until you get it exactly how you want it. But, you'll pay a premium for that luxury.