stalled when trying to restart starts cranking normal then acts as if timing way advanced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really appreciate you and the original loader I am sure it will come in handy at times as I posted on his original post I found it strange that I could not pick a page from list of contents and go to it without scrolling through all pages in section probably just my lack of doing so.at my age if it takes to long AL ZIEMER:( rings the door bell and I lose track of what I was searching for.:).nothing new on original problem.being on a fixed income towing to someone is a big decision cost wise but may come to that.I just hate to trust their judgement and skill.but pac man may win I will update again than

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well update time it turned out to be a (new) blue cap that developed a cross fire after 2 months no hint of a miss whatsoever.cost a small fortune to finally track down.please no B.S. about a scanner finding it.the cross fire caused a sever flooding condition as every time it cranked it of course added fuel.working in the cold did not help with fuel not evaporating so just compounded the problem.that explained the fuel out the one side of plug holes when checking compression why only one side remains a mystery to me.mechanic has a scanner that costs a good amount every year to keep updated but this required a lot of patience and old school methods.I do not care to hear that someone else could have found the problem earlier.if you have ever had a problem and found the cause when finally looked at the least likely cause will understand others that do not work on their vehicles not so much.again east302 thanks for the manual.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well update time it turned out to be a (new) blue cap that developed a cross fire after 2 months no hint of a miss whatsoever.cost a small fortune to finally track down.please no B.S. about a scanner finding it.the cross fire caused a sever flooding condition as every time it cranked it of course added fuel.working in the cold did not help with fuel not evaporating so just compounded the problem.that explained the fuel out the one side of plug holes when checking compression why only one side remains a mystery to me.mechanic has a scanner that costs a good amount every year to keep updated but this required a lot of patience and old school methods.I do not care to hear that someone else could have found the problem earlier.if you have ever had a problem and found the cause when finally looked at the least likely cause will understand others that do not work on their vehicles not so much.again east302 thanks for the manual.
Glad you got it! Don’t worry, we’ve all been there and done that. Even the “pros” have been in that situation at one time or another.

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a journey for sure glad the mechanic ( not just a tech)
Glad you got it! Don’t worry, we’ve all been there and done that. Even the “pros” have been in that situation at one time or another.
was a racer also this helped. had to pay for his time.as I said no warning made it hard to find but life goes on.glad to see you did not take my comments to heart just tired of people posting bullshit without a solution.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this in. Since you had excess fuel in your engine, you probably have fuel diluted oil. If you haven’t done it already, you may want to change your oil and filter even if it isn’t due before you really run it again. Your bearings will thank you.

JavaMan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you finally got it fixed.
I paid a mechanic to replace a few parts with no change in the misfire. Brought it back home for a while, and I read a bunch here and other sites. Took it back to him to replace the distributor cap and rotor, fixed it right up.
Apparently the scanners don't help in this case because the computer has no idea when each spark plug is firing. It only knows when it is sending the signal to fire. So the distributor cap is just a variable that goes random in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is-was a given but someone that has or will have a flooding problem heeds that advice I hope
Just wanted to throw this in. Since you had excess fuel in your engine, you probably have fuel diluted oil. If you haven’t done it already, you may want to change your oil and filter even if it isn’t due before you really run it again. Your bearings will thank you.

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks that is what pissed me off with the scanner comments they are not the answer at times.plain old school thinking is the best at times time consuming but brings results.even though mine showed no signs of a misfire
Glad you finally got it fixed.
I paid a mechanic to replace a few parts with no change in the misfire. Brought it back home for a while, and I read a bunch here and other sites. Took it back to him to replace the distributor cap and rotor, fixed it right up.
Apparently the scanners don't help in this case because the computer has no idea when each spark plug is firing. It only knows when it is sending the signal to fire. So the distributor cap is just a variable that goes random in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
after rereading the replies I realize that Churkey described my problem to a T in his Jan.17 message at the time I did not want to hear what I thought was bullshit about using a scanner to solve the problem.I now realize if I had done so I would have saved time and aggravation to say nothing about the added cost so I am apologizing to him in public.sorry