Stainess flex lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am doing a complete front to back brake job...on my 97 k3500
Bigger Wheel cyl in the rear with new drums and durastop pads
Front gets the duallie rotors and bigger calipers with some raybestas pads
Stainess hard lines in the rear and front.......?

Hence the question: Russel does not give a part number but guessing it could be #672370

One person claims that the rear line was too short in that kit making him by another kit to get the proper length...seems like Russel cant measure.......

My question which stainless kit might work and has anybody done this and no where to source this?

Thanks

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Do stainless hoses really make a differance? I've never used them. When I did my brakes earlier this year I just bought standard hoses, and when I had a leak in the hard line I bought the copper-nickel stuff.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did Russel lines years and years ago, don't really remember it making that much of a difference. They were all the right length though. This was in 2009.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait, are we talking about stainless hard lines or stainless flex hoses?

If it's a hard line that's too short, I would want to confirm first whether the lines were supposed to be for a short box and/or standard cab model.

If it's a flex hose, then we need to know if the truck in question has a lift kit.

I just don't want to go condemning a brand if there's something else causing the fitment issue.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

If it's a hard line that's too short, I would want to confirm first whether the lines were supposed to be for a short box and/or standard cab model.

If it's a flex hose, then we need to know if the truck in question has a lift kit.

I just don't want to go condemning a brand if there's something else causing the fitment issue.
Its a stock height 97 k3500......I have not changed them out however everything I have read the pedalis better and since I am doing a brake makeover it would make sense to use the stainless flex lines...3 of them

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Stainless Flex hoses......the two in front and one in the rear

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do stainless hoses really make a differance? I've never used them. When I did my brakes earlier this year I just bought standard hoses, and when I had a leak in the hard line I bought the copper-nickel stuff.
I guess were about to find out?

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stainless Flex hoses......the two in front and one in the rear
Ok, yeah I read "hard line" in the first post and got confused.

Some vendors will list the actual lengths of those hoses in the item description. You may be able to compare stock rubber hoses against the stainless replacements before placing an order. I'm not sure if the measurement is supposed to reflect overall length, or if just goes to the center of the banjo, but it should be pretty close either way. It took only a minute to look up hoses for my '95 C2500 7200GVWR: (25.125" up front, 17.75" rear) and I didn't even have to crawl underneath there with a tape measure. But then again, my truck is still stock, so I can still get away using stock length parts. If your truck is lifted, you'll have to take that into consideration, so as not to stretch the new hoses...

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, I just realized I got hung up on OEM hose lengths vs lift kits. I'm not familiar with this particular brake upgrade, and forgot to ask if your new calipers relocate the banjo fittings enough to mess with proper hose length. Are stock-length hoses still appropriate for your setup? It's important to be sure of that before hunting down parts.