stacks on a gas truck?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teal97k1500

Reaction score
okayyyyy sooo i really wanted a diesel, but i got to good of a deal on my 97 k1500 350, which has a 6" RCX rough country lift on 35s

that being said i still really want the diesel look, and i also happen to own a set of 6" angle cut stacks and y pipe..

now my truck current has crappy true duals with junky glass packs on it which i hate

what are your guys opinions on gas trucks with stacks?

if i do it whats the best way to run the exhuast? pipe diamerter?

i have the stacks the y in the bed, and the 90 degree to go to the exhuast

should i y the exhuast togethere up before the cats and run a single exhaust back to the stacks? or keep the duals and dual cats and y them together right before the stacks???

would it sound okay without using a muffler just cats? or would it sound better still with say a flow master or a race bullet on it before the stacks?

also i know 6'' piping is WAYYY to big for a gas truck, thus why i was asking if i should keep it like 2.5 or 2.225 before the stacks, iv seen guys dump the exhuast right after the cab out the side of the bed, so i would think that would be equivilant

any opinions are aprecaited! i can get pics of the truck with the stacks on it lol.. if you guys wana see

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I wouldn't put stack on my gas truck, but if you want to it's your truck man. I'd leave the duals the way they are with 2 cats, then put mufflers after the cats and then go to the stacks. And yeah leave the piping at 2 1/4" for a stock motor

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
If your gonna Do it..............take lots of pictures and I would go 2.5" piping with the heat shield. true duals all the way out!

a flame thrower exhaust kit would set it off!

hey if hes gonna do it, what the hell.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
One of my buddies at work has them on his no cats dual thrush welders. Dual 5" miter cut stacks. Sounds awesome doesn't Look bad granted he's lifted on 35s tows, back rack light bar and big deer killer bumper off a cucv. It kind of works. Granted he doesn't give a hoot what people think just rocks out to his own drum

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you do it and do any exhaust for above who has a vortec always do an h pipe

Live action!!