Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I'll save that link in case I don't like the LED 7"s I bought for the Monte. Thanks Bill!

You're welcome.....

Just some info for the future. If you do find a set, the Cibie # for them is 70-34-02. The Cibie Bobbi is the sealed beam version that was available back in the day. The Z-beam is an E-code light, but SAEM6 in America.......

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the 7" H6024 Chinese TruckLite copies put in the Monte Carlo tonight. Didn't have a whole lot of time to play with them but I did take a quick cruise after dark and snap a few pictures. First impressions are very good. The light is a little more blue than I would like, but that seems to be a common trait of most LED setups. Everything went together just fine and they were completely plug 'n play. The cut-off seems very good, especially for such a reasonable price. My pictures make the beams look a little scattered but that's mostly how I was parked I think. The driveway at my dad's angles uphill towards the garage and has a slight curve, so I wasn't parked facing straight at the door. Also I was only about ten feet off the door. The beams look much nicer out on the road. I'll try and snap some better wall pictures one of these days. Overall I'm really satisfied with them so far. The only negative was that I noticed some corrosion on my driver's side headlight plug that was causing connection issues, so I may have to replace that one of these days. Already did the one on the passenger side.

Here's a shot of them in the car with everything off. I really like the way they look.

You must be registered for see images

Low beams on.

High beams on.

Low beam garage door shot.

High beam garage door shot.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the 7" H6024 Chinese TruckLite copies put in the Monte Carlo tonight. Didn't have a whole lot of time to play with them but I did take a quick cruise after dark and snap a few pictures. First impressions are very good. The light is a little more blue than I would like, but that seems to be a common trait of most LED setups. Everything went together just fine and they were completely plug 'n play. The cut-off seems very good, especially for such a reasonable price. My pictures make the beams look a little scattered but that's mostly how I was parked I think. The driveway at my dad's angles uphill towards the garage and has a slight curve, so I wasn't parked facing straight at the door. Also I was only about ten feet off the door. The beams look much nicer out on the road. I'll try and snap some better wall pictures one of these days. Overall I'm really satisfied with them so far. The only negative was that I noticed some corrosion on my driver's side headlight plug that was causing connection issues, so I may have to replace that one of these days. Already did the one on the passenger side.

Here's a shot of them in the car with everything off. I really like the way they look.

Low beams on.

High beams on.

I once had a 70 MC like yours, even same color. Bought it from a guy who said all it needed was a carb. Ha what a joke. It had a rod knock, so I rebuilt the engine in the car. I had no way to pull it at the time. It was a 300 HP 350. Well it ran good, but still kind of had a main bearing issue, so I traded it in on something else. I dont even remember what I traded it in on, it was so long ago.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Low beams on.

High beams on.

Its not the worst cutoff I've seen. Sure looks nice on the monte

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I once had a 70 MC like yours, even same color. Bought it from a guy who said all it needed was a carb. Ha what a joke. It had a rod knock, so I rebuilt the engine in the car. I had no way to pull it at the time. It was a 300 HP 350. Well it ran good, but still kind of had a main bearing issue, so I traded it in on something else. I dont even remember what I traded it in on, it was so long ago.

I guess you could say this one had a carb issue, the 4-barrel Rochester that came on the car when my dad bought it started gushing fuel out of the overflow on the highway and tried to kill him. :lol: This thing has been a major money pit but I love it. We've had the original 400 small block rebuilt twice now due to different issues. Hoping we've got all the kinks worked out now, knock on wood.

Its not the worst cutoff I've seen. Sure looks nice on the monte

Thanks!

Those pictures definitely make the cutoff look worse than it is. If you give the beams a little more room to reach out it looks very flat.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

Oh dear God......