Spyder glass vs spyder auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesnt say on here.. and its been almost 10 yrs since i took originals off. But i sure thought they were a light metal / not cheap plastic either

Attachments

• IMG_0558.png
    IMG_0558.png
    392.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0557.png
    IMG_0557.png
    373.5 KB · Views: 8

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did your truck originally come with the quad sealed beams? If so I'm pretty sure they used different mounting brackets than the composite light trucks. My post earlier about reusing the factory brackets was assuming you had composite lights from the factory.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Is there a rpo code for either one of them. Then i could look on my build sheet
So far as I know, quad sealed beams were only on '88-'89 trucks, with the deluxe trim packages. In other words, not W/T models.
The composite units came out in '90.
The 4701/4703 sealed beam headlight bulb units were also used on the square body carryover trucks and SUVs, '88-'91(I'm not sure if the brackets or buckets are the same, not had them apart!). These bulb units are also used on some of the GM vans from that same era, but the buckets and brackets ARE different.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea mine has always
Had the the 9005 / 9006 plug. It wasnt changed from
The 4701 plug. I kinda thought mine were the oem composite. Trucks been in family since day one. Uncle had all records of anytime something was done and headlights werent on it.. so i woulda been teh first to mess with it about 10-12 yrs ago when pawpaw asked me to put brighter bulbs in it lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yea mine has always
Had the the 9005 / 9006 plug. It wasnt changed from
The 4701 plug. I kinda thought mine were the oem composite. Trucks been in family since day one. Uncle had all records of anytime something was done and headlights werent on it.. so i woulda been teh first to mess with it about 10-12 yrs ago when pawpaw asked me to put brighter bulbs in it lol
You can retrofit the quad sealed beams to the '90- up trucks, you just need a set of the lights and the correct plugs for the wiring harness. Several members have done the conversion. @jjester6000 is one, his Burb is a '98 but he's backdated it to the early grille and quad beams.
I have a set of these lights, that I got from a truck in the wrecking yard, because I was considering doing this conversion on one of my trucks.