Spyder glass vs spyder auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are they the same company ? I see alot of talk on spyder glass… ive always had decent luck with spec d / k2 in the past… but after reviews here i got a set . Well ; to say the MOUNTS SUCK is an understatement. 2 clips have already broke off, and the little metal tabs are falling off. Also customer service Has been a joke. They refused warranty on them originally bc i installed led bulbs….

Attachments

• IMG_0554.png
    IMG_0554.png
    654.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0555.png
    IMG_0555.png
    544.2 KB · Views: 15

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they the same company ? I see alot of talk on spyder glass… ive always had decent luck with spec d / k2 in the past… but after reviews here i got a set . Well ; to say the MOUNTS SUCK is an understatement. 2 clips have already broke off, and the little metal tabs are falling off. Also customer service Has been a joke. They refused warranty on them originally bc i installed led bulbs….
The adjusters are crap, totally agree. But, I took my Spyder’s and mounted them in OE adjusting brackets.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I’m not using them currently, having found some NOS OEM lights. But, you can swap them into your other brackets as seen in above pictures.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also "little metal tabs falling off," do you mean the metal clips on the top/bottom of the housings that clip the lens to the back of the reflector? Like what's visible in the pictures Caman96 posted above? If so, pretty sure those are just leftovers from the assembly process. They're not necessary once the lenses are glued to the housings.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure they're just for holding the lenses in place while they're being glued at the factory. The Brazilian Artebs come with the same clips and a few of mine are so loose you can pop them on/off with your fingers easily.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason i always swapped the mounts was the 5 or 5.5mm bolt used to hold light in place never went into the aftermarket light; so i thought the mounts had to be changed as well. Well **** its junkyard time to find some good metal oem mounts!

but the other issue is the nut on the light housing has broken off as well

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The reason i always swapped the mounts was the 5 or 5.5mm bolt used to hold light in place never went into the aftermarket light; so i thought the mounts had to be changed as well. Well **** its junkyard time to find some good metal oem mounts!

Metal? You're looking at later composite lights. Maybe the twin sealed beem mounts were metal, but the composite stuff is all plastic.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes thats what im
Referring to. Didn’t realize the new headlights would fit the original metal mounts. I had always replaced the composite

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t even know some were metal. Obviously, mine above are plastic.

Last edited: