Sport mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88_stepside

Reaction score
so, if i have the mirrors like on my truck, the older chrome style block mirrors, (see profile pic). and i want to switch to sport mirrors or something of the sort, what kind of extra work do i have to do or fab, for them to fit correctly, anyone done this before??

Slowlaned

Reaction score
I guess that depends on your definition of sport mirrors. If you're talking about the smaller mirrors but still made for the truck, then none. Mine had the big I call em farm mirrors, and I switched to the 454 style, if thats kind of what you mean. As long as it's a mirror that was made for these trucks (any year 88-98) its a direct bolt-in.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess that depends on your definition of sport mirrors. If you're talking about the smaller mirrors but still made for the truck, then none. Mine had the big I call em farm mirrors, and I switched to the 454 style, if thats kind of what you mean. As long as it's a mirror that was made for these trucks (any year 88-98) its a direct bolt-in.
Wow that’s awesome! Is it hard to install? I assume you have to go behind the door

Slowlaned

Reaction score
Took me about 10 mins each side. there is a small torx screw that holds the outside cover on where it attaches to the door, located at the very bottom of the cover, remove that and the cover pops off. From there i believe it might depend on the year but the older ones have three bolts behind that cover going through the door with nuts on the other side. I had gotten very quick about taking my door panels off so I might have done it a little faster than expected, but there are nuts underneath the door panels right behind the 3 bolts i mentioned, i think newer models have them welded permanently in, but I had to hold the nuts while removing the bolts so they didn't drop inside the door. Hardest part is removing the panels and trying to hang onto those nuts while u take them apart. All pretty easy though.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took me about 10 mins each side. there is a small torx screw that holds the outside cover on where it attaches to the door, located at the very bottom of the cover, remove that and the cover pops off. From there i believe it might depend on the year but the older ones have three bolts behind that cover going through the door with nuts on the other side. I had gotten very quick about taking my door panels off so I might have done it a little faster than expected, but there are nuts underneath the door panels right behind the 3 bolts i mentioned, i think newer models have them welded permanently in, but I had to hold the nuts while removing the bolts so they didn't drop inside the door. Hardest part is removing the panels and trying to hang onto those nuts while u take them apart. All pretty easy though.
awesome! Do you know a good place to get 454 mirrors? Amazon has them but I'm sure the quality is pretty iffy.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the 96 + trucks came with the 454 ss style mirrors. I know I have them on my 97, and mine are power. I dont see why you couldn't got to the salvage yard and get a set off of any 96 + truck, burb or tahoe, and repaint them. Also these mirrors fold in by hand.

Jack Schneider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the 96 + trucks came with the 454 ss style mirrors. I know I have them on my 97, and mine are power. I dont see why you couldn't got to the salvage yard and get a set off of any 96 + truck, burb or tahoe, and repaint them. Also these mirrors fold in by hand.
I like the stubby-ness of the 454 ones lol

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LMC has them, but I’d bet that they’re the same as any that you get elsewhere (Amazon). It’s probably a crapshoot, but at least Amazon has an easy return policy if they’re junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh my bad, I didn't realize the sport mirrors didn't fold in.