Spindle lift, or leveling lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1996 C2500
5.7L
Extended cab
I have been looking for a lift, that will not break the Bank or the handling of the truck.
The reason for the lift is to bring the truck to towing height, so that the trailer tounge does not drag or hit the ground. I would also like to add that I will be adding new tires after the lift is done.
The problem I have been finding is every lift I find is for a c1500, or k1500.
Please give me your input. What have you found?
Thank you in advance

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
If you don't want to spend a whole lot, look into a "leveling kit" from someone like Protune. It'll be a coil spacer up front and blocks in the back.

Look at rough country or QSA if you want to go up around 4.5" with a spindle and blocks. Look for C3500 kits (same as your 8 lug 2500) to filter out the light duty 2500 options which tend to confuse some people.

Reaction score
Yeah, I have had the leveling kit in the past, and the ride was definitely choppy. My problem was finding the spindel kits. I will look at the 3500 ones. Thanks for the advice.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Rear shocks yes, front brake lines yes, front shocks no since the geometry stays the same. Not 100% on wheel spacers if you keep stock wheels, but there should be some info out there from others who have done it.

I am running aftermarket wheels, and have spacers on the rear just to even it out.