Spider Injectors Clogged Completely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 5.7 Tahoe was stolen and recovered. I have not checked the Engine VIN, but I am fairly certain the thief swapped out the worn out 5.7 with 300K with another 5.7. It appears this engine has sat for a while, but it has good oil pressure and compression. I have reconnected the wiring and security light is off. I have spark. Fuel pressure is good at the valve, but no fuel in the cylinders. I poured some gas down the throttle body along with a little Lucas. Still no cough or sputter. Could the spider injectors be clogged bad enough to keep fuel from getting to any cylinders?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doh! I see that now. You're at the point where you need a good scan tool to see the data stream.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is why would a car thief swap engines instead of just dumping it and thieving another truck?

My question is why would a car thief swap engines instead of just dumping it and thieving another truck?
My guess is it's a two door two wheel drive tahoe. In good shape, but had 300K miles.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
.....poured some gas down the throttle body along with a little Lucas. Still no cough or sputter. Could the spider injectors be clogged bad enough to keep fuel from getting to any cylinders?

Innoperative / clogged spider injectors could never prevent the fuel you poured in from reaching the cylinders.

Here is what they look like in their ports / place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Above is a V6, the V8 is the same idea:

Hope that helps.

Last edited: