Spider Injectors Clogged Completely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is a fresher engine worth all the exhaust and wiring issues, plus the failed spider?

I'm not thinking he came out ahead. Especially if the "newer" engine turns out to be a 305.
As soon as it fired up, I knew it was better than the ragged out one I had. Main objective at the moment is to get everything hooked up and moving. It is still in the same spot the tow truck driver dropped it of a couple of weeks ago.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: Not so lucky on the transmission. Put the driveshaft in and fired it up, put it in gear and nothing......Looks like a bad pump. Pulling transmission next on the agenda.

jce98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update. Took the inspection cover off, TC was not hooked up. The thieves had installed a motor that was coupled to a 4L80 originally. I installed a flywheel for a 4L60 bolted it up put it in gear and took off down the driveway. I had reverse and second, suspecting a solenoid, I dropped the pan. One of the solenoids was unplugged. Plugged it back in reinstalled the pan and problem solved. Now onto the exhaust, 2.5 Y Pipe into a Jegs offroad 2.5 crossover pipe. Since it is a 2 door I had to get creative. At the end of the crossover I installed 2 2. offset mufflers dumping out above the rear axle. Needing to get it to the muffler shop and have them bend some pipes to exit behind rear wheel.

It passed inspection last week and tagged. I still have some tuning to do, but between the MPFI and 2.5 exhaust less cats, it runs like a ***** ape. Jacking around with a coolant temp issue at the moment.