speedometer calibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garryc1500s

Reaction score
i swapped out the rearend from a 3.08 to a 3.73 on my 90 stepside. speedo reads 10mph. I've gotten used to it but would like to fix it. the motor is also swapped and the trans. 400 ci and th400. Anyone know how i would calibrate the speedometer?

88monteSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a write-up on it somewhere, I'll have to see if I can find it when I'm on a pc, but basically you replace the 7 tiny fuses for the drac in the cluster with dip switches.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

88monteSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. I found my printout of it from when I did mine, but I didn't think to add the URL to it. I was about 99% sure you were the author, just couldn't remember what site I got it from.

OP if you need a dip switch I have a few, I can send you one for the cost of shipping/packaging (I'm guessing about $2).

Also if your gear/tire combo isn't on the chart, I'm pretty sure my 88 FSM has the math to calculate the closet configuration of the switches.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@someotherguy Don't you have a write up on your website? Or at least a link to one? I tried to find it but my Google-Fu is failing me tonight.

EDIT - :lol: Never mind, you already linked it a few posts up. I am dumb tonight.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
@someotherguy Don't you have a write up on your website? Or at least a link to one? I tried to find it but my Google-Fu is failing me tonight.

EDIT - :lol: Never mind, you already linked it a few posts up. I am dumb tonight.
Yep! And the 1992-1995 GMT400's are covered on the TBIChips write-up. Even easier than 1988-1991, no cluster disassembly needed.

Richard