Speed engineering shorty headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon316

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Recently picked up a truck that has a 5.3 swap. Only had one speed engineering shorty header installed. I found the other header and flanges behind the seat, as well as missing moat hardware! But it did have the gaskets.

Do you guys recommend running gaskets or do you install bare like the manifolds? This is honestly my first set of headers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokebomb

Reaction score
Get gm ac Delco manifold gaskets. The aftermarket ones don't seal as well. How do you like the speed engineering shorties? I am looking at the 1-3/4 longtubes. They say they fit 88-98 trucks too.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Yes, definitely get the delco steel exhaust manifold gaskets. I have them on my Schoenfeld long tubes and they seal perfectly.

jon316

Reaction score
Ok thanks I’ll definetly order a set then. I just ordered the bolts as well as half of them are missing. As for figment and quality they look real good. But I guess after I run the full exhaust system I’ll have a better opinion on them. They came with the truck so hard to say if they’re worth the money.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a new set of the Speed Engineering shorties off a coworker for a $100 bill. They are on the 6.0L 1987 G20 van I built. Have been on it for about 2 years without issues. I had to put a slight dimple in one tube to clear the vans unibody frame and massage the redundant ears of the 4L80E case.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Recently picked up a truck that has a 5.3 swap. Only had one speed engineering shorty header installed. I found the other header and flanges behind the seat, as well as missing moat hardware! But it did have the gaskets.

Do you guys recommend running gaskets or do you install bare like the manifolds? This is honestly my first set of headers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just to be clear, headers or stock manifolds... BOTH require gaskets where they mate to the cylinder head.