Speed density

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't really set max KR. It's just something that happens.
Depends on the rpms also.
Set timing low and creep up.
I forgot what engine we are talking about here. But I have several tunes from 4.8 to 427ci LS engines I've done on the older PCMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What you can do is set low octane spark table about 6-8 * below high octane spark and have some room for the timing to fall back to and ramp back up.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can tune speed density and be fine. And if you use efi live you dont have to burn "credits" doing simple stuff.
Ive tuned my turbo 5.3 speed density and put 50k miles on it without touching the VE tables again. Just pulled timing for 87 octane.
I also put 450,000+ miles on a LQ4 that i tuned in Speed Density and 300,000+ miles of that was with a turbo on it.

MAF isnt all that hard to tune if you wanted to run one. I mainly stop using them because of maxing them out with boost. So went SD and never looked back.

Tuning a 5.3 in a S10 now SD cause we dont have enough room to run the MAF and a air filter. So i ditched the MAF and Air Filter is on the TB.

Since you mentioned P01 im guessing your using HPT?

I use COS5 with EFI live to run a " nitrous" tune where i can retard timing for 87 octane and when i put a tank of 93 in it i just flip the switch so it goes back to my normal 93 octane tune.

You never tried scaling the MAF? Funny. I want HPT cuz it does a couple things EFILive won't.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't really set max KR. It's just something that happens.
Depends on the rpms also.
Set timing low and creep up.
I forgot what engine we are talking about here. But I have several tunes from 4.8 to 427ci LS engines I've done on the older PCMs.

One 96 5.7 4wd nv4500 truck that im going to use a 0411 pcm in just so i can tune on it, other is a 68 C10 and its has a 5.3 and a 60e sitting in it at the moment. Basically stock cams in both. The 68 got the 5.3 just to get it out of my shop floor and thought it fit real nice so it probably get one.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 96 has three options on pcm, stock that has had all the useless stuff turned off in, a 98 pcm that ive did some too but haven't pinned it to see how it does, and have a few 0411s laying around with varying stock tunes. Also have a Express van stock tune on file. Portable bench harness with a dewalt 12v battery is really handy at a salvage!

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You never tried scaling the MAF? Funny. I want HPT cuz it does a couple things EFILive won't.
Yea I've done it a few times on the HD. But haven't put the wideband in there to tinker much. Gotta replace the rear wheel seals on it and pinion seal now.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What does it do that efi won't? I have both but don't like the layout of hpt stuff

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What does it do that efi won't? I have both but don't like the layout of hpt stuff

You can alter the TCC on a 4L80 to keep the converter locked when you lift and do the 4lo stuff so I'm told.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can alter the TCC on a 4L80 to keep the converter locked when you lift and do the 4lo stuff so I'm told.
You can do that with efi also with a CAX file.
What OS are you working with?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can do that with efi also with a CAX file.
What OS are you working with?

12212156 based COS5. I tried the cax and it's still not right with the 4lo.