Somewhat stupid questions on seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Hey all, ive got a 1994 k1500 single cab that is in desperate need of seats. I put in a leather bench from a 98 or 97 extended cab in my old 89 k2500, its very nice compared to the somewhat crappy seat in the 80s models. I have a bench from a 89 Cadillac brougham (very classy and comfy), and was wondering if that would fit. If not, well thats what my welder is for. Since my 89 is the daily driver/work truck/road trip truck/firewood hauler, so sadly I cant put the leather bench in

Thanks!

BrockGrimes

Reaction score
Best way to know is take measurements of the existing holes. That or try and bolt that sucker in, LOL.
Check around with people swapping in buckets, benches are available.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Did some measurements and figured out that the Brougham is just 1 inch wider than my truck :( . Guess I'm gonna do something else, like find another leather bench or maybe even buckets if my local junkyard has them

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The bench will be vinyl or cloth.
GM only offered leather on the upper end trucks & SUVs with buckets.

These are the most comfortable benches that came in a 400.
'88-'94.
No headrests on the '88-'91's.

The later '95+ (3-scoop backrest.) have got to be the most uncomfortable of any bench made by GM, ever! Almost like they were designed by a Mopar engineer.

You must be registered for see images attach

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I have a 3 slat backrest bench, in the silver leather colour, power driver seat. It might’ve been recovered at some point. I’m thinking of getting seats from a GMT400 Yukon or Escalade, but I’d rather do Bonneville seats. I do know that they’ll fit but maybe I could do something from a different model, like Lesabre.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
The bench will be vinyl or cloth.
GM only offered leather on the upper end trucks & SUVs with buckets.

These are the most comfortable benches that came in a 400.
'88-'94.
No headrests on the '88-'91's.

The later '95+ (3-scoop backrest.) have got to be the most uncomfortable of any bench made by GM, ever! Almost like they were designed by a Mopar engineer.

Somebody put one of those in my 96 at some point, and there must be something wrong with it. I hate this seat with a passion, since the back sits too straight up, and removing what I thought were travel limiting bolts, cutting tabs did nothing for laying it back.
Been looking for bucket replacements, but haven't seen what I want yet.

Correction: mine has headrest, but otherwise looks the same.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I have a 3 slat backrest bench, in the silver leather colour, power driver seat. It might’ve been recovered at some point. I’m thinking of getting seats from a GMT400 Yukon or Escalade, but I’d rather do Bonneville seats. I do know that they’ll fit but maybe I could do something from a different model, like Lesabre.
I got Bonnevilles in my truck and caprice. Pretty much any 90s gm seats should fit, just some may be narrower,l seats but bases still same. If you were in Ohio I got a set of Buick roadmaster limited leather bench seats that'd look nice haha if the caddy is same frame as caprices the seats should bolt up.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I got Bonnevilles in my truck and caprice. Pretty much any 90s gm seats should fit, just some may be narrower,l seats but bases still same. If you were in Ohio I got a set of Buick roadmaster limited leather bench seats that'd look nice haha if the caddy is same frame as caprices the seats should bolt up.
I’m up in Wisconsin, very far north Wisconsin. I might do the road master seats knowing that they could fit. The caddy seats might’ve, I just put them in the bed and took ‘Em to my storage unit after the measurements (Im lazy). I’ll find some roadmaster seats, I might get some off eBay or something.