Somebody needs to save this truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
My K3500 is a salvage yard sale, that being said; it would take an absolute honey of a truck for me to go through this again.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I saved it, but it's been a bit of a pain getting stuff like the title and little knick-knack stuff like bolts and fuses that were taken off it sorted out.
Mine was destined for the junkyard, PO said he was about to take it off of CL when I called him about it.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought a car out of Pull-A-Part years ago, but Oklahoma changed their laws. Once it has a junk title it can only go to the crusher. I had a friend who was looking for a cheap g-body frame for his dirt track car, and Pull-A-Part said they couldn't sell it.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was destined for the junkyard, PO said he was about to take it off of CL when I called him about it.
I remember that truck being super rough and the marketplace ad didn't do it any favors either; glad to see it's got a good home and is getting done up right tho
I've bought a car out of Pull-A-Part years ago, but Oklahoma changed their laws. Once it has a junk title it can only go to the crusher. I had a friend who was looking for a cheap g-body frame for his dirt track car, and Pull-A-Part said they couldn't sell it.
From what I've seen, big corporate yards like that won't sell a whole vehicle; once it's tagged it won't leave the yard as a whole vehicle. Makes a guy want to stand at the inbound gate and offer money to people bringing stuff in, some of the trucks I've seen that have been at LKQ and PAP shouldn't have ever been there.
I don't know how OK is with smaller yards, but in NC some will sell whole vehicles but you need a dealer's license to buy.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OKC Pull-A-Part is independent, not a part of the Pull-A-Part chain. About twenty years ago I bought an '85 RX-7 GSL-SE out of their yard, but since then the laws changed. They can put a car on their cars-for-sale lot when they get them, but if they do the junk title to put it in the yard, it's toast.