Some parts needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures? and it is for sure the D/S tray?
My old (not age) neighbor to the north of me. He may still have some GMT 400s on his huge site. All Ontario Recycling. (can google it). When all this snow and slop ends, I can try and look for your parts. No charge to you, ( I will pay for everything) my reward will be foraging in an automobile junk yard again. Must get another tetanus shot first! All Good

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Pictures? and it is for sure the D/S tray?
Is the driver's side battery tray you're looking for plastic? I got one yesterday at the yard that is, came out of a 98? pickup with a 5.7. Fits similar to the storage box. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the driver's side battery tray you're looking for plastic? I got one yesterday at the yard that is, came out of a 98? pickup with a 5.7. Fits similar to the storage box. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.
I’ve got one of those too, I checked and it’s a different part # and looks to be just different.

Attachments

• D2B52F32-571F-4DEC-B90D-6CC161CED57C.jpeg
    D2B52F32-571F-4DEC-B90D-6CC161CED57C.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 5

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
The 95 and older one is all metal. The 96+ one is plastic and has a different #
I’ve got one of those too, I checked and it’s a different part # and looks to be just different.
yeah the lower support is different.
I never expected to see a NOS one lol. But for $35 I have it in my cart. I need to get a few other things from the flea bay too.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Yup that looks like the one I got, except mine still has both of the tabs that lock into the vapor canister bracket ( on the engine side). I also have the fasteners for it.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
i wonder if i can get that vapor canister bracket though hmm i may have to look into that more, the tray you found is more prevalent than the one i am looking for.

Yeah... 15031561 reinforcement is discon and i probably wont be able to find it. I still may do a remote mounted battery(bed mounted)

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
i wonder if i can get that vapor canister bracket though hmm i may have to look into that more, the tray you found is more prevalent than the one i am looking for.
It's funny, they didn't have near as many 400s in that yard as they did last year. The truck I got the tray from was the only one that had it, and it was a 5.7 engine. Are you looking for the earlier style?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
It's funny, they didn't have near as many 400s in that yard as they did last year. The truck I got the tray from was the only one that had it, and it was a 5.7 engine. Are you looking for the earlier style?
If I can find one, yes. I'd prefer the all metal one, If I can't find it I'll continue with the bed mounted battery idea.