SOLVED: TV connection question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is 100% a guess so don't kill me if I'm wrong, but I would not be surprised if that relay is a replacement for the fuel pump relay. Vortec GMT400's are bad about burning up the socket in the electrical convenience center for the fuel pump relay. Instead of replacing the whole center, one could simply hack in a separate relay socket.

Tracing the wires / colors should help.

Not a substitute for the fuel pump relay as I was working with it last week and the key wire colours there are green/white signal from PCM and grey to pump. I think it is original - see above post.

As far as that relay and that other single weird wire go.. once these vehicles leave the U.S. so many things could have happened. Repairs where original parts are less available, modifications made to suit local vehicle regulations (separate amber turn signals for example), things like that.. could take some time and investigation to decipher!

Richard

All true, and retro fit LPG system also.
Still can't get my head round an electrical wire with a plastic connector - does not compute! (Or conduct).

Just had another look at it. The outer arms are barbed - like retainers for a plug it should be in but the central part where the wire enters has no metallic element at all. I can't even see conductor wire. That central part has PED 7 moulded onto it.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are we sure that white wire is really a wire, and not just a retainer clip on a tether?

I think you could be right. I've never encountered a vehicle with so many tethers and locks on block connections. First noticed it on the air bag connections and could see the need for them given the safety aspect but they're all over the truck.
Where the end of that hovers, below it is part of the EVAP system and the ignition module (I think). There's a wire been tapped to it I think - probably to the LPG ECU to cut LPG when the engine isn't running. I'll take a closer look - an unfastened tether is looking likely.

That relay may have originally hung off the side of the electrical center.

I think it did. Pretty chunky wiring on it!

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is that propane truck right.... i is there an electrical solenoid valve to turn on the propane? I had this idea as I know you want to turn off your fuel pump when you dont need it. So there are relays that turn off instead of on. You could easily set a relay to turn the fuel pump off when the propane is running with relays instead of a toggle switch.

I've already done the toggle switch. There is way via the LPG ECU to disable the pump while running but IIRC it only works when forcing it to start on LPG - which when the gasoline system is working I prefer not to do (takes more cranking).
Your idea is neat but for one thing - during the switchover from gasoline to LPG the engine would die as the LPG can't react fast enough. There has to be an overlap (configurable in the LPG ECU - circa 0.4s). Switching the other way works - just - as the gasoline pressure is more immediate. Just one of then little nuances with an LPG system.

Lots of that stuff was made in Canada, a lot still is but china is cheaper. For that reason I have removed all fuses and relays from about 10 trucks one day while in the junkyard... the price was free. I paid for 3 heater control modules though. $30 or something.

If only I could!

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One more question .
Is there a way on this forum for a thread starter to edit the thread title to add ''solved''?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One more question .
Is there a way on this forum for a thread starter to edit the thread title to add ''solved''?

I believe it's impossible for users to edit titles, but that's a good idea. @Shaggy or @Old77 may be able to help you do that with this thread specifically though if you want, just send them a message.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Change made :waytogo: You can just mention me as done above and I'll hop into the thread and do whatever needs to be done. I'm here at least once a day and usually a few times a day :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost