So you wanna paint that truck of yours...Material list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
you dont have to seal before paint but you may use more material trying to cover the primer. Also most sealers get sprayed on rt before paint check on what your using. Ben not sure what you mean by primers absorb moisture. Bondo and fiberglass does primers dont or other wise we wouldnt be wetsanding the primer when we block

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice write up and alot of usefull info too. I used to do all my own paint but i hate body work so all the big stuff Id have done but i would do all the perp work. These 2 truck were painted in my parents back yard

You must be registered for see images attach

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
I have wetsanded with 1500 grit paper, i dont know if you done this but after the 1500 go back over it with 3000 grit trizact paper on a D.A (wet) of course and it will buff alot easier and faster or if you want to after the 3000 you can use 5000 on a D.A (wet) but go a bit slower and you can buff it with just glaze. #2 3M glaze. we had a sales rep that showed us that and i thought he was full of it. I tried it and i couldnt believe it. it actually worked lol

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad I looked at this thread. I need to get some surface rust off the roof of my 95 suburban. The whole roof is in need of it.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
going to start buying stuff tomorrow. id like to paint the hood and tailgate with the next few weeks

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
There is good info here. I would like to paint my truck when it come time for that but I'm like most. I do not have the tools or the place. Painting out side is not an option here in Arkansas. The weather changes to much day to day so dirt an dust particles are always in the air.

AA13

Reaction score
I keep seeing DA, da, d.a.. etc.. what's it mean? Lol

The list of materials and the smashed together paragraph make this task seem overwhelming lol.

DA is short for dual action as in a dual action sander.