So my buddy called me…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
One of my cousins had one of those. 87 Trans Am GTA, 350 TPI, some minor mods, and a chip. We took it to our local strip(1/8 mile), and I ran a 8.29 on drag radials. Super fun car to drive, handled great, and just enough power to get you in trouble.
Low 8s in the 1/8 mile = loads of fun for a daily driver! I had a '80 Malibu that would run 8.32-8.34 all day. Also had a fox Mustang that would run 7.0s... The Malibu was a lot more fun (I daily drove it) on the street than the Mustang.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great score!
I ain't gonna lie... from WAAAAAY over here in Kentucky, California seems to be a strange planet anymore. When I was a kid, it seemed like the place to be if you were a car-nut. Now, I don't know what the hell you can/can't do to your car.
But I've always liked this look on those mid- '80s T/As...
There is a lot you can still do. You can swap in modern engine and transmissions as long as the smog equipment is on there. I can swap in a LS engine in this car and have modern muscle in a old wrapper. Any car older than 1975 is smog exempt so yiu can pretty much do as you please, diesels up to 1998 smog exempt.
there are still a huge amount of car nuts out here. And there are still approved mods you can do and still pass smog. It’s a bit tougher

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for 3rd gen fbodys, love the turbo style hoods on the TAs. I'd throw some formula wheels or period correct firehawks, B&M shifter and super clean it! Please keep the stock hood!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Cool combo, might even be the coveted 305HO. Build it to enjoy, that's what I'd do. Those seats are awesome!

I've got an LS swapped '91 Z28 that I've had since highschool...wow that's well over 20+ years ago...haha. It was a factory L98/700R4 car that is now a 6.0l/T56 fire breathing monster in a thirdgen wrapper.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool combo, might even be the coveted 305HO. Build it to enjoy, that's what I'd do. Those seats are awesome!

I've got an LS swapped '91 Z28 that I've had since highschool...wow that's well over 20+ years ago...haha. It was a factory L98/700R4 car that is now a 6.0l/T56 fire breathing monster in a thirdgen wrapper.
I think its the higher output 5.0 because it has the functional Ram air system.
Those Lear Sigler seats are a rare option also.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to spend a lot of time on it. I may not do Anyang for a while. I have a few other projects and my wife’s health is deteriorating and I was gonna build the car for us to go for Sunday drives but I don’t know if that’s ever gonna happen.
I’m probably gonna put it up for sale. I haven’t made a decision.