So.. might be time to upgrade my suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the StreetGrip setup in my truck, but Ridetech's new wishbone rear suspension setup looks awesome! This setup plus the the new front tubular control arms and coil-overs could be a game changer. How great would adjustable ride height and dampening at each wheel be? Sports car truck! :)

Ridetech said:
Ridetech just came out with new coilover and air ride suspension for OBS. It’s a full conversion system with tubular A-arms, custom-tuned coilovers and a rear wishbone setup that gets rid of your leaf springs. The Wishbone attaches to a custom tubular rear crossmember/C-notch arrangement that is a work of art. Ride quality and handling are light years ahead of stock. Ride height and shock dampening are fully adjustable. The air suspension setup is a little different with separate air springs/shocks up front. There’s a whole article with video here: https://www.ridetech.com/info/muscle-truck-coilover-and-air-suspension-for-early-c1500-pickups/

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Exciting stuff for the OBS world!

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's definitely pretty legit. Hopefully it's really awesome, because for two grand that's crazy expensive. Idk, I've never dealt with that kind of setup, so maybe reasonably priced.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I had a complete Ride Tech air ride suspension, on a S10 years ago, and it was top notch. Handling was very good for a bagged S10.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's definitely pretty legit. Hopefully it's really awesome, because for two grand that's crazy expensive. Idk, I've never dealt with that kind of setup, so maybe reasonably priced.
The pricing is in line (cheaper) with similar products for Pro Touring cars. I think this kit being mostly bolt in makes it more accessible for regular hobbyists.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a complete Ride Tech air ride suspension, on a S10 years ago, and it was top notch. Handling was very good for a bagged S10.
That's my dilemma, I really like the StreetGrip setup on the truck now, but this new setup really takes these trucks to a new level.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pricing is in line (cheaper) with similar products for Pro Touring cars. I think this kit being mostly bolt in makes it more accessible for regular hobbyists.
That makes sense. What kind of drop will those tubular arms achieve?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Without correcting geometry, simply lowering more and more with a coilover will eventually make the truck handle worse. The roll center coupling gets ridiculous and you induce a ton of geometric roll.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look like stock geometry. But, with the coil overs (or bags), you can put the height where you want it.
My thoughts are to keep leafs ,traction bars and sway bar in the back since I mainly have a cruiser. But the tubes in the front. However, being able to adjust ride height in both directions is a total game changer as you mentioned

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without correcting geometry, simply lowering more and more with a coilover will eventually make the truck handle worse. The roll center coupling gets ridiculous and you induce a ton of geometric roll.
No doubt. Where I see the usefulness is in setting the truck level, and/or setting corner weights.