So, I've got a noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaysBlue98

Reaction score
Actually not sure if it was there or not. Couple of months ago, I was highway driving and there was a noticeable whine coming from underneath the truck. Got it home figured out the transfer case was really low on fluid. Added a couple of quarts dextron III, and everything works fine.
Been checking it periodically, doesn't seem to be leaking.
Now, there's a low pitched whine. Not loud at all. If I have the raidio on I can't hear it. Do these trucks start making noise as they age? I'm sitting at 217,000 mi .
Tires maybe? My Falken Wildpeaks have about 3k on them now.
Like I said, maybe it's just something I noticed now. Maybe it's time to trade her in.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Probably your Wildpeaks,I have a set of those also and hear a slight humm,not near as bad as the KM2s or Dynapros I had before.So, a whine huh? You might check the oil level in the diffs.

RaysBlue98

Reaction score
I was actually wondering about the rear diff. The plug is pretty knackered, might take some work to get it out. But that's a good thought.
Thanks