So......is this bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AgentYager

Reaction score
Not sure why but this missing two wires, I've looked at replacement connectors and they all show three wires. Is there a reason someone would do this? As far as I know, it charges just fine but i'm just curious. Also, there is an extra connector coming off of the ignition coil and it's white in color.

I'm trying to figure out this damn wiring in this truck as the previous owner(s) apparently thought they were doing more good than bad.

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'd replace the pigtail. One should be a ground and I believe the other goes to a fuse? Not sure though.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Typically the alternator has just a 1 wire pigtail on these trucks. The pigtail can go bad and cause it to not charge, so someone likely installed whatever they could find that still fit into the plug. If it's charging, leave it alone, unless you just want to clean up the appearance.

The extra connector by the coil, single white wire, is meant to be unplugged - it's the test terminal for a tach signal.

Richard

AgentYager

Reaction score
I see, Thank you gentlemen for your input. You will have to bare with me for the time being since I'm new to these trucks and TBI system. I'm sure many more questions will arise.

AgentYager

Reaction score
I'll leave it alone for now since it still charges, I have to hunt down this wretched ghost code 43 issue and whether or not i have a 305 or a 350.