So I’m chasing a wobble....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgiaMudCow

Reaction score
....I’ve replaced all four shocks. KYB gas adjust in the front, air shocks in the back. Replaced both cv shafts. Newer rims and tires 5-10k ago. After replacing the shocks and cv shafts, the wobble diminished considerably but it’s still there. Just went and checked the balance on the tires. All good. I only notice the wobble at highway speeds. Certain mph it’s heavy and others it’s almost gone. I’m lost.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my experience wobble usually comes from steering components. ie tie rods, ball joints center link or even wheel bearings have any play in your steering system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaMudCow

Reaction score
In my experience wobble usually comes from steering components. ie tie rods, ball joints center link or even wheel bearings have any play in your steering system?

Little to no play. I’d expect a little from a 25yrold truck with 250k

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little to no play. I’d expect a little from a 25yrold truck with 250k

Me too lol. Wobble at highway speeds you would definitely notice in the steering wheel. More of a vibration could be u joints as already stated, unbalanced driveshaft or even mud packed into the crank pulley. Wouldn’t have believed that last one till it happened to me.

kauila

Reaction score
One of your tires might have gotten some separation in one of the sidewall or tread plies from hitting a bad chuckhole. This could happen with even fairly new tires, especially if you had a heavy load when they hit something hard while going fast.