Snow Plowing HEAVY Snow...Pic heavy for your enjoyment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my snow shovell in 1989.
Ive used it about 4 times.
3 of those times were fake because I told my wife I had to make sure the sidewalks were safe.
And I had to make sure the 4x4 truck was working.
And I was out of beer.
And I wanted to go play in the snow with the truck.
And this is how it works out when you think you are being slick.
Well, while you are out,
Stop buy the store and get three cans of canneli beans and one Jalepeno and two carrots and two stalks of celery and some insane unavailabe spice.from the.mideast.
She knows that I just want to go play in the snow with my truck.
She knows that at least one thing on that list cant be found without going to 6 or 8 different places.
And she also knows that I will drive through the snow to those different places to get it.
I married a truck enabler
She doesnt really need some spice from madigascar
I really dont need to go find it in the middle of a snow storm.
I just get to go play with my truck.
Snow up here is pretty much play time.
Snow in Chicago or Detroit or Bode Iowa is a whole different thing.

I used to do the same thing back in SD, go out in the middle of it and romp over the snow drifts. Nice big wide roads with nobody on them. We don't get crap here in CO, it's just not the same.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
how many inches you pushing? we don't get snow like that down in the middle of Mich. any more

Well, thats a two-fold answer. I had been ignoring drifts for a few weeks that I should have cleaned up before this snowfall. Those were about thigh high in the worst parts, Then I got about 7-8 inches on top of those.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im over on the west side of WI, just across the boarder from the Twin Cities, mn.
Father-in-Law has a lake cabin not-so-far from you--Shell Lake. It'll probably be for sale next spring.

SWMBO and I usually get to Shell Lake once a summer--too far to drive to go more often.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yea thats a little over an hour from me. There's a lot of really nice cabin territory in northern WI. A nice mix of landscape too, some rolling hills, lots of wooded areas and fishing lakes within a casual drive from anywhere.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think expect the both of you to be making contributions to this thread in the months to come. Come 2025 I should have something to offer as well.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to do the same thing back in SD, go out in the middle of it and romp over the snow drifts. Nice big wide roads with nobody on them. We don't get crap here in CO, it's just not the same.
Ha! I lived in the suburbs of Denver for 6 years.
They plow the roads before you get to have any fun.
Back in the late 90s I bought a new jeep cherokee with the "Up Country" package and my friend had a brand new Toyota 4x4.
We decided to drive up to the ghost town "La Martine"
There are two ways to get up the mountain. The theory is that you can drive up the switchbacks from the south and then drive back down the "Easy" road back towards I-70.
So halfway up the switchback road there is this huge friggen rock in the way.
So we got out and used the posts from our high lift jacks to pry it over the edge and continued up the path.
Which really really sucked.
It took us about an hour to move that thing.
It was a big damn rock.
Got up to the mine at La Martine and checked the place out and then went to drive down the "Easy" road back down to Georgetown and I-70.
Turns out that in the winter the sun never hits that side of the mountain.
6 foot deep solid packed snow.
So we have to turn around and go back down the mountain the hard way.
In the dark.
And there, right in the middle of the road was that friggen rock that we had rolled off of the switchback above it.
So we rolled it again and it landed on the next switchback.
Then it started snowing.
We pry barred that friggen rock all the way down the backside of that damn mountain just to get the hell out of there because the snow was piling up so fast.
All while my last ex wife, who is from Detroit, and his now ex wife who is from Nebraska,
Have conspired to yell at both of us all about how to deal with sudden blizzards in the mountains.
I know. It is sexist and mysogynistic and an complete insult to your flatland upbringing but you may encounter life threatening situations that are beyond your experiance.
A good way to prepare yourself for those possible situations is to practice the art of shutting the **** up and stop being part of the problem.
Amazingly enough, no matter how loud they got and no matter how pissy they got that damn big rock still didnt move.
It was almost like it was some big inanimate uncaring thing that did not care about them at all?
Kind of like it was a *******.......big damn ******* rock.
We were both pretty experianced offroad guys.
Washington, California, Arizona, Way deep into Mexico...
Offroading in Colorado is an entirely different level of dangerious.
I moved to Colorado after living In Arizona for 6 years.
I had an 83 K5 that was a purpose built Mexico beach truck.
I used to work 4 tens so we would leave my exes car at her job on 5 Thursday and bomb to Mexico in 4 hours.
Another hour to the beach.
75 mph on the highway and it rode like a Caddillac.
Drop tires to about 25 psi and blast all over the beach
Leave on Sunday and bomb it back to Scottsdale and go to work Monday.
I put a full frame welded roll cage in it and I smoked four 700r4
transmissions before I got it right.
Pole holders on the front bumper so we could surf fish.
NP 208 with 2:98 to 1 reduction and 32x11.5 BFGs on ten inch rims.
My purpose built Mexico beach truck.
6 years of putting it together and it was awesome.
And it was worthless in Colorado.
Too wide, Wrong gears Carbed etc.
Completely unusable in colorado.
So like a dumbass I donated my K5 to the boys and girls club for a 3500 doller tax deduction and bought a new jeep and married the the ex wife.
I should have kept the K5.
Cars dont have a soul no more than paintings have a soul or sculptures have a soul
But you can look at art and sometimes that long dead artists painting will draw you in.
I collect all kinds of things.
Lately I am buying ancient chinese art.
And friggen watches.
Buying old trucks and modifying them to suit your own needs is the very basis of art.
And it is also the source of inovation.
Look at it this way.
You will spend ten years restoring a car.
Mona Lisa was painted in a day.
And she looks like my high school football coach.
Sorry art fans, but thats a skeevy looking woman.
I slap my ass looking for my wallet every time she pops up.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I just looked up on the google image search 'GMT400 Snow Plow' ... and I had 3 of the top 4 images with another one the next line down from this thread, lol. I just figure I'd bump it up again to see if I can get more in there... more likes and shares on the images please!! :)

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
linking a sorta-build thread...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just looked up on the google image search 'GMT400 Snow Plow' ... and I had 3 of the top 4 images with another one the next line down from this thread, lol. I just figure I'd bump it up again to see if I can get more in there... more likes and shares on the images please!! :)

Don't worry, I'm comin for ya.