Snow Plowing HEAVY Snow...Pic heavy for your enjoyment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I got you 618

That snow was some of the harder stuff I've had to move in a while. I've been ignoring drifts for a few weeks then I got about 8" of wet snow on top of that. The truck did good but a full spool in the rear end would have been nice :deal:

Yea, two alternators and two batteries. The ammeters are handy to monitor each alternators health. I had one die a few years ago and didnt realize it until the other one died the next year.

Actually I have a question for you radio guys, those lights are just cheap ebay lights and when I turn them on the radio goes to static. Is there any way to fix that without getting new lights?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I have a question for you radio guys, those lights are just cheap ebay lights and when I turn them on the radio goes to static. Is there any way to fix that without getting new lights?

Are they simply incandescent lights, or LEDs?

If you disable the alternators, with lights on, does the noise abate?

If you power the radio from a isolated power source (like an ATV battery) does the noise abate?

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
LED's I can try disabling the alternators but the radio is fine when I am angling or lifting the plow which draws a ton more power than the lights. Also I have an electric radiator fan which doesnt effect the radio, its only the lights.