SMP spider bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Cookc

Reaction score
Standard Motor Products spider directions say to use the updated bracket to mount the injection unit into. Is this necessary or can I use the original bracket? Looks to me like it should fit the original bracket.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Standard Motor Products spider directions say to use the updated bracket to mount the injection unit into. Is this necessary or can I use the original bracket? Looks to me like it should fit the original bracket.
You need the updated bracket. Otherwise the seal will not be at the correct height.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what year and motor?

didn't need it for my 97 with a 4.3.

mine had the stock poppets when i replaced it, with the standard motor products unit and original bracket. I purchased the standard motor products bracket but it was the same as original.