Smallest factory fuel tank that came on an OBS truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 2 door Tahoe has has a 30 gallon tank so not the smallest. despite the short wheelbase. In exchange for the big tank the spare is in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Outside the frame rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nowhere else it could have been installed. Wrecker unit occupies between the frame rails at the rear, even necessitating removing the rearmost crossmembers. C&C frame too narrow to fit that big tank inside the rails; it would hit the driveshaft, exhaust, etc. That's why the main tank is such a skinny thing...only inches between it and the driveshaft. You couldn't even put one on the other side due to needing to run the exhaust. 34" frame rails ladder straight from behind the cab all the way back.

Richard

MikeManer

Reaction score
Wow you guys are a wealth of information. I really appreciate all the input. RichLo I was interested in smaller tanks because my truck is just a toy and likely will never be travelled in anymore. I'm about to replace everything in the fuel system and I thought I would just check to see if there was a more compact factory tank that might work. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you guys are a wealth of information. I really appreciate all the input. RichLo I was interested in smaller tanks because my truck is just a toy and likely will never be travelled in anymore. I'm about to replace everything in the fuel system and I thought I would just check to see if there was a more compact factory tank that might work. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

I'm in the same boat, I have an older square body K5 tank in the yard that I think I can make fit in the back between the frame rails once I remove the spare tire carrier. Getting the filler neck to work will be a small hurdle but will no doubt be doable. I wanted to go this route to get the tank in the very back for weight transfer rather than all on one side. Might be something you can look at and measure up.