Small woofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Been searchin n only found one mention of a blaupunkt speaker to replace the bose sub in the esky/denali console but no link or info on it. Its like a 4x6 size so odd shape. Anyone else every put anything in theirs or maybe the stereo guys knownof a way to make it work? Mine sounded good but i think it started to overheat the amp since its low ohms n shut everything down.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never done it with your specific application but whenever I have weird size/shape speakers like that I just replace them with the closest standard round speaker. Like my 6x4s I just put in regular round 4s and they sound wayyyyy better.

Are you sure it's 4x6? That seems small for a sub. That's a regular speaker size, 4x6 is what came in the rear columns of my ext. cab pickup. Depending on how much more material there is around the speaker and how comfortable you are with cutting you might be able to squeeze a 6-ish inch round speaker in there, which is about as small as subwoofers come as far as I know.

But then you have to consider the enclosure around the sub. Most of the oval speakers and <6" speakers I have seen are designed to run in open air, whereas most subwoofers needs an enclosure.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
So Iv helped my buddy build a bunch of subs and everytime he upgrades something I usually end up with what hes replacing. Haha. what hes said is crutchfield is very eager to help you out in any possible way. honestly give them a call or online chat... they have these awnsers ingrained in their heads. they are good people.

heres his next project.... it's an 8 but I thought it was a 6, I know this speaker comes in a 6 as well. this is a serious speaker. hopefully one day he upgrades these. :) hes got a ten in it now and wants to add the 8 in his rear window but he may exchange this for the 6. apparently crutchfields return policy is outstanding. they took back a speaker that he put a screwdriver through the foam.... they knew it and exchanged it anyways.
You must be registered for see images attach

today I'm working on a couple little 6x4 sony exploaders haha these are old speakers but in perfect shape. iv been running them for years in my shop with no box but I got upgrading things and thought.... these need boxes....

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have Alpine Type S all around my truck, and I can say that even those are pretty good, I'm confident that the Type R (Next product line up the scale from mine) would be a great choice.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Iv helped my buddy build a bunch of subs and everytime he upgrades something I usually end up with what hes replacing. Haha. what hes said is crutchfield is very eager to help you out in any possible way. honestly give them a call or online chat... they have these awnsers ingrained in their heads. they are good people.

heres his next project.... it's an 8 but I thought it was a 6, I know this speaker comes in a 6 as well. this is a serious speaker. hopefully one day he upgrades these. :) hes got a ten in it now and wants to add the 8 in his rear window but he may exchange this for the 6. apparently crutchfields return policy is outstanding. they took back a speaker that he put a screwdriver through the foam.... they knew it and exchanged it anyways.

today I'm working on a couple little 6x4 sony exploaders haha these are old speakers but in perfect shape. iv been running them for years in my shop with no box but I got upgrading things and thought.... these need boxes....
+1 on Crutchfield being helpful. All around great place to buy from.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I've never done it with your specific application but whenever I have weird size/shape speakers like that I just replace them with the closest standard round speaker. Like my 6x4s I just put in regular round 4s and they sound wayyyyy better.

Are you sure it's 4x6? That seems small for a sub. That's a regular speaker size, 4x6 is what came in the rear columns of my ext. cab pickup. Depending on how much more material there is around the speaker and how comfortable you are with cutting you might be able to squeeze a 6-ish inch round speaker in there, which is about as small as subwoofers come as far as I know.

But then you have to consider the enclosure around the sub. Most of the oval speakers and <6" speakers I have seen are designed to run in open air, whereas most subwoofers needs an enclosure.

It is an odd 4x6 shape. Its the factory bose sub. Id like to hook sometnin up that can handle the amp runnin my 10 inch sub but that may not work with a 4x6. Just traded a set of SKAR 4x6s for a 3rd door. Shoulda looked at their specs before let em go. Im gonna look at my buddys esky console since he has it all apart see if maybe a 6" sub can be squeezed in with lil trimmin of enclosure.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Starting around 2003 Nissan starting installing optional Bose sub boxes in the spare tire hold.
Some have 1 4in sub, some have 2 4in subs, some also have an amp in the box.
They hit pretty good.

I'm running 2 boxes w/ 2 4in subs behind the backseat of a 2001 Sonoma crew cab & 1 box w/ 2 4in subs behind the backseat of the 08 Sierra reg cab. Neither have the amps in the boxes.
I got all of my boxes from Murano's.
I'll add another box to the Sierra once I locate one.

Attachments

• 20210510_180213.jpg
    20210510_180213.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 142