Sloppy steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see play by the pitman but I just changed it last summer. It moves around where it connects in the drag link

This what happens when the tapered stud wasn't torqued down properly. it can chew up the hole if it's walking.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bumpsteer is not to be confused with the jaw snapping, spinal compression inducing, coffee cup launching in the lap jerking the steering wheel bump you get as the result of excessive preload from cranking.. lol
Cranking tbars does not effect preload. Common misconception.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea got 2” froM the keys cranked. Do you think an alignment and steering stabilized would help

If you've cranked your keys and never had the truck aligned you're going to want to do that regardless. It's going to be off, and it'll chew up your tires if you leave it that way.

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd reman ac Delco steering gear. Everything else is in order and I still have almost 4 inches of slop in the steering. These gears are effin junk right out of the box. Guys on here would say get a red-head brand box. But I don't want to take it out a 4th time. The ring around the input shaft can be adjusted also, but I don't wanna do it.