Slammed 96 burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Burban

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
So this is my slammed 96 suburban in the front I have 2” drop spindles 3”drop springs and nitro drop shocks for the rear I have a flip kit air shocks and helper bags and cut the bump stops I’m legit half an inch off the frame with no air in the bags for the wheels I have 17x10 Dayton’s recently took them off one went to **** i then put 15x8 rallies with 33” tires had to roll the front fenders a bit i daily it and take it on 500 mile trips no problems I replaced the front end steering components and bushings ,ball joints I feel like it’s super uncommon for suburbans,and Tahoe’s to be slammed for the motor I’ve replaced basically the top end accessories ,32lb injectors, new intake gaskets, spark plugs, wires, water pump, serpentine belt, tensioner, radiator, blew up one transmission before it was dropped put in a 95 4l60 with a shift kit believe the motor was swapped before I bought it idk but for exhaust she is straight pipes stock headers to flowmasters dumped before the axle no h or x pipe 2 12” Sony explodes 1000w amp 4 new door speakers sony head unit

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Looks bad ass! Love the daytons!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

DaCoupe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually I am not a fan of wire wheel but you sir pulled off that look perfectly!!!!

How does it ride ?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So this is my slammed 96 suburban in the front I have 2” drop spindles 3”drop springs and nitro drop shocks for the rear I have a flip kit air shocks and helper bags and cut the bump stops I’m legit half an inch off the frame with no air in the bags for the wheels I have 17x10 Dayton’s recently took them off one went to **** i then put 15x8 rallies with 33” tires had to roll the front fenders a bit i daily it and take it on 500 mile trips no problems I replaced the front end steering components and bushings ,ball joints I feel like it’s super uncommon for suburbans,and Tahoe’s to be slammed for the motor I’ve replaced basically the top end accessories ,32lb injectors, new intake gaskets, spark plugs, wires, water pump, serpentine belt, tensioner, radiator, blew up one transmission before it was dropped put in a 95 4l60 with a shift kit believe the motor was swapped before I bought it idk but for exhaust she is straight pipes stock headers to flowmasters dumped before the axle no h or x pipe 2 12” Sony explodes 1000w amp 4 new door speakers sony head unit

Welcome. Not really into daytons. I'm liking your stock tire look. ;)

The Burban

Reaction score
The ride in the front is wonderful but I feel like I need more support for the rear end probably just old leaf springs but I just put shock extenders and I’ll see how it rides, as soon as I did the flip kit the rear end got bouncy af, installed bags and those air shocks, might clamp the leaf springs, plus it’s just a heavy suburban

DaCoupe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, I was contemplating doing the flip on my truck but have heard the same about ride quality. After you installed the bags and air shocks did it help or ?

The Burban

Reaction score
Interesting, I was contemplating doing the flip on my truck but have heard the same about ride quality. After you installed the bags and air shocks did it help or
Interesting, I was contemplating doing the flip on my truck but have heard the same about ride quality. After you installed the bags and air shocks did it help or ?

i just installed shock extenders today and it also helped, as of now I’d say the ride quality is better then stock with Monroe air shocks and SlamAir bags with shock extenders I run everything at about 80-100 psi going to try clamping the leafs next to stiffen them to lower the psi in everything

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very clean burn! Love the stance but the Daytona aren't working for me. Maybe it's the offset I don't love. Either way I'm looking forward to following along.