Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Changing the fluid in the front diff would probably be considerably easier while the engine is out lol. Other than that i cant think of anything that hasnt been covered

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fortunately I own a nice gas powered pressure washer so I always keep my engine bays clean. I also have all of the fluids nose to tail so that will be happening at the same time.

Keep the ideas coming!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it is finally update time. I'm so tired of seeing Pearl just sitting around. I finally said screw it and bought a 6.5 out of a 99 3500 HD. It ran good and didn't have any blow by so I dropped $750 on it. I also asked if I could have the computer with it. I knew that it had an ssdiesel PMD relocation kit on it and it had 4 inch exhaust on it as well. It turns out that the computer is an upgraded ssdiesel computer. Then when I got home I started paying a little bit more attention to the engine. I had seen that the heads seemed a little bit cleaner than the rest of the block but I really didn't think much about it. I happened to glance down at the Julian date at the back of the block and it didn't look right. A little bit of research and pulling of the fuel filter manager revealed my suspicion. It is a 2005 6500 Optimizer! It is rated at 205 horsepower and 440 foot pounds of torque. With the turbo, injectors and the new exhaust crossover pieces I ought to be pushing close to 500 foot pounds of torque. If I can make it work I also want to do an intercooler. It will still be a couple months before I get started on this as I have ccreddel's truck that we are swapping a 383 stroker into. I also have two trucks in front of Pearl. Both are 98, one needs a transmission and the other needs an engine. I'm hoping to be working on this off and on and have it ready to swap in by Thanksgiving. That will be four years that this dang truck has been down...
You must be registered for see images attach