Single_Handed New member introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Single_handed

Reaction score
Greetings. Found your site a few months ago trying to find info for my rigs. I was sort of gifted one and inherited another. The first, the suburban, I received from my neighbor in exchange for help restoring a 64 Lincoln, who’s owned it since new in 93. Won it in a raffle at a football game. The second, the 1/2 ton, I inherited from my Grandfather who passed almost a month ago. Here’s a generalized spec sheet on the two

1994 GMC K2500 Suburban
454 ci stock
4L80e auto trans
4wd
ran ok when I got it. paint is pretty bad from Nevada Sun beating on it unprotected. But the interior is very nice all considered. Mostly age and driveway gremlins. Replaced every under hood sensor, distributor, rebuilt the valve body and installed a transGo shift kit, new engine oil cooler lines. Standard tune up; fluids, plugs, wires, etc. runs well now. Averaging 12mpg unloaded. 9.5mpg with a trailer.

my grandfathers truck
1994 Chevrolet C1500
4.3l V6
4L60e trans
2wd
ext cab, long bed
bought new in 93, been garaged almost everyday of its life. Interior and exterior are exceptional for its age. I wouldnt have bought it had I been shopping for a truck being a V6 2wd, but since it was my grandfathers it has a lot of sentimental value. ive only had it’s about a week and only done an oil change, few odds and ends and a couple light bulbs. currently Chasing an electrical issue with the power door locks. Posted a thread in the help area about the issue and the circuit breaker getting excessively hot.

As for me, Im 37, retired from the Army after being injured. (Lost my right hand to a roadside bomb, hence the “single_handed“ handle. I’m not very active on forums, but find the info helpful when diagnosing and may ask for an opinion or two as needed. I’m not crazy over the TBI system, but I like the 90’s body style and grew up with them. Always wanted a big block Chevy. Didn’t think it would come in a school bus. First truck I remember my dad having was a 1969 Chevy short box, 2wd with a 400 sbc. No seat belts, no ac and needed a stop for water if the mercury was above 90°. Had some wonderful times wheeling, hunting, fishing and camping from a gmt400 of one flavor or another. Enjoy owning trucks I can fix with bailing wire and duct tape. Although I have gotten used to having a key fob unlock my doors. ;-).

Respectfully,
Single_Handed

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings. Found your site a few months ago trying to find info for my rigs. I was sort of gifted one and inherited another. The first, the suburban, I received from my neighbor in exchange for help restoring a 64 Lincoln, who’s owned it since new in 93. Won it in a raffle at a football game. The second, the 1/2 ton, I inherited from my Grandfather who passed almost a month ago. Here’s a generalized spec sheet on the two

1994 GMC K2500 Suburban
454 ci stock
4L80e auto trans
4wd
ran ok when I got it. paint is pretty bad from Nevada Sun beating on it unprotected. But the interior is very nice all considered. Mostly age and driveway gremlins. Replaced every under hood sensor, distributor, rebuilt the valve body and installed a transGo shift kit, new engine oil cooler lines. Standard tune up; fluids, plugs, wires, etc. runs well now. Averaging 12mpg unloaded. 9.5mpg with a trailer.

my grandfathers truck
1994 Chevrolet C1500
4.3l V6
4L60e trans
2wd
ext cab, long bed
bought new in 93, been garaged almost everyday of its life. Interior and exterior are exceptional for its age. I wouldnt have bought it had I been shopping for a truck being a V6 2wd, but since it was my grandfathers it has a lot of sentimental value. ive only had it’s about a week and only done an oil change, few odds and ends and a couple light bulbs. currently Chasing an electrical issue with the power door locks. Posted a thread in the help area about the issue and the circuit breaker getting excessively hot.

As for me, Im 37, retired from the Army after being injured. (Lost my right hand to a roadside bomb, hence the “single_handed“ handle. I’m not very active on forums, but find the info helpful when diagnosing and may ask for an opinion or two as needed. I’m not crazy over the TBI system, but I like the 90’s body style and grew up with them. Always wanted a big block Chevy. Didn’t think it would come in a school bus. First truck I remember my dad having was a 1969 Chevy short box, 2wd with a 400 sbc. No seat belts, no ac and needed a stop for water if the mercury was above 90°. Had some wonderful times wheeling, hunting, fishing and camping from a gmt400 of one flavor or another. Enjoy owning trucks I can fix with bailing wire and duct tape. Although I have gotten used to having a key fob unlock my doors. ;-).

Respectfully,
Single_Handed
Welcome :patriot: