Single Cab Subwoofer Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Anyone built one? I've got two 10s but I want to know if its even worth setting up in a single cab truck. If it sounds like crap obviously I don't want to do it. Pics and advice welcome!

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to add a bit of bass to mine as well (think an 8" would be fine for me, in such a small space, compared to a 4 door sedan). Following this one.

People say you can stick them behind the seat, but I need to have it nearly all the way back and I just don't see how.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
put it on the passenger side. and depending on the sub you dont need a whole lotta air space. i have one cheap 10 now and it sounds like **** when louder. I thought about putting an 8 under each seat

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's plenty of room behind the seat to run a set of 10's! Its actually easier to build a enclosure for a regular cab then it is an extended cab! First I would recommend picking out which sub(s) you would like to run. Then depending on the required air space, build to right spec. Also do you have a bench or buckets? If you have buckets you could also build a center console enclosure, that is another great option!

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Whatever I do my seat needs to be all the way back, I'm 6'4" lol
I think 2 10s should work alright. I know it won't sound nearly as good as it would in a big box.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever I do my seat needs to be all the way back, I'm 6'4" lol
I think 2 10s should work alright. I know it won't sound nearly as good as it would in a big box.

You'd be surprised how much air space you can squeeze out of a wedge enclosure! Im 6'3", so I know what you mean! My 67' is a RCSB, and im going with a 10" Kicker Solobaric L7 in that, you could always go that route. They hit like none other!

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I've got two older 10" Sony xplods (before they went cheap) they have just been sitting in my gargage waiting for me to put them in something. I had them in a blazer before I sold it.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
lol thats what i have is a 10in Xplod...cheap one rated at "1100" max watts. yea right!

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Yeah many companies have started false advertising their capabilities. 8000 watt amps? Haha complete crap.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got the kicker ss10s[i think thats what they sall them, 10s and horns in each box] in mine with the 60/40 bench, one behind each seat with amp mounted to back of cab in the middle. slam the seat back and it locks in all the way back but does hold the back out a bit.