Simple Way to Disable Starting System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had a thought, how about having a decoy switch under the dash that toggles a loud as hell horn in the cab?

I'd use a bistable relay so the the horn would stay on even if they turned the switch off.

The only thing to turn the horn off would be to unhook the battery which resets the relay.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read this a few weeks ago after Mr. Pink got a powerglide. The early models had the pump on the output side, so turning the drive shaft meant the pump would turn and build pressure.
That's correct, as far as I know also. I was going to post that, but it was mentioned already.

That's the only auto. transmission that does that I know (I only have decent knowledge on the TH400/4L80e, a bit knowledge on the 700R4/4L60/4L60e series, and just a tiny bit on the Glides.) Mind you, this is all mostly YT video "training." ;)

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's correct, as far as I know also. I was going to post that, but it was mentioned already.

That's the only auto. transmission that does that (I only have decent knowledge on the TH400/4L80e, a bit knowledge on the 700R4/4L60/4L60e series, and just s tiny bit on the Glides.) Mind you, this is all mostly YT video "training." ;)
"Rear pump" glides they called 'em, made right up until early 1967 I do believe. The old Hydramatic transmissions were able to push-start, too. Really a lot of the early automatics were able to be push-started, until the mid 60's it was fairly common.

Richard

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"Rear pump" glides they called 'em, made right up until early 1967 I do believe. The old Hydramatic transmissions were able to push-start, too. Really a lot of the early automatics were able to be push-started, until the mid 60's it was fairly common.

Richard
You must be registered for see images attach

Oo what do you think mine is (67)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Oo what do you think mine is (67)
67 being a year in question, beats me. Some say 66 is last year for rear pump. I did read somewhere that a way to tell them apart is the case vent. Plastic = late model, no rear pump. Steel = older, rear pump. Not sure how definitive a method that is, but it's worth a look!

Richard