Side Molding Option Route LA Custom Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heskahoka

Reaction score
That arm rest start as a pop open center console one? Pretty sweet seeing it redone like that.
There is a thread on how I did that here:

Not my idea, but it worked out well; I use it all the time.

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few more. It has progressed a long way since summer.
Thanks for the kind words.
Nice Truck! Where did you get the arm rest cover that has the two cup holders? I have the same red interior and would like to add the cup holders to it.

heskahoka

Reaction score

I got most everything from Amazon. I then cut the armrest cover to install the cups.

Details are in this post #21:

How it is put together comes from this youtube video earlier in that thread:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dogone it, always find the better deal after the fact. But your rig looks good and we all can use a better supply house for parts. I too went with the chrome/aluminum wheel moldings, didn't know they were in black also.

Style Matters

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. I have a light blue 1997 C2500 (will post pics as soon as I can) and I have these side moldings (with the emblems) in my cart at Route LA Custom Parts. Just wondering how they are holding up for those of you who have used them? Any problems over time? Thank you.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few more. It has progressed a long way since summer.
So I'm looking at the stripes and something looks ... different.
Did you choose to mount the stripes that way. Usually the Chevrolet style SS stripes follow the body lines. That's what you like , great. I was just curious.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

heskahoka

Reaction score
So I'm looking at the stripes and something looks ... different.
Did you choose to mount the stripes that way.

Ha! Good eye. No! :D, I did not choose to mount them that way.
I got dimensions and did drawings, and even reached out to kennythewelder and he was kind enough to give me the layout of his stripes which look great. (His truck was the inspiration for my truck).

I took the drawings to the vinyl wrap company and they did what you see. I was not pleased, took it back, argued a bit, and they gave me my money back instead of redoing it. I have not corrected it yet and may never. They are not correct, but they I guess are unique. My son likes it and he will probably be it's primary driver soon.

Style Matters

Reaction score
They offer Chevy 2500/3500 side molding but not for the GMC2500. My search continues. I emailed them to see if they would do it custom, but they will not. I even have a set of emblems I was willing to send to them for measurement so they could make it work.
Classic Industries in Huntington Beach is getting some of these in, but I don't think they have the emblems already on them. If you scroll down on this page it shows the GMC applications. Hope this helps. :) https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1997/chevrolet/truck/parts/155108.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost