Show us some job carnage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See below. MrBeast.
Lol.. no, that's my buddy Nick. He actually helped me build the truck - designed and built the framework that the original (Sneeker) wrecker unit mounted to. Part of the trading we did for his labor and materials was he got the red/yellow '93 HD you see him towing out of my shop with his white '94 HD.

When I shut down my shop in 2010 and went to FL for a little while, I took the HD with me, and after I'd been there a while, sold the HD to Nick. Upon returning to TX, I hooked up with Nick and we did some towing together with my old truck, and his white HD.

When his white '94 3500HD 6.5td crapped out for the millionth time, he pulled the Dynamic wrecker bed off it and put it on my old truck. I ended up back home in Houston and bought the truck back from him, also picked up the gray '95 HD from the local wrecker shop, had both of those for a little while. When I went to work for another private property company here in Houston I sold both HD's - the gray '95 locally, and the black '94 went to Ohio, as I'd mentioned to Hotwheelsburban.

How's that for some history :)

Richard

GMC_YA_LATER

Reaction score
When you can't get the pitman arm puller around the boot so you have to break out the old flap disc to save the day.

Attachments

• PXL_20221210_010621569.jpg
    PXL_20221210_010621569.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 19

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Job carnage. Oh boy.

I work as a nurse in the operating room of a pretty large local hospital. I've seen a ton, but obviously can't post pictures or get too specific.

Missing limbs from industrial accidents, one guy got his foot run over by a forklift, DUI rollover accidents, gunshots, stabbings......there are a plethora of ways to seriously injure yourself, and just when you think you've seen it all, something new comes along.

Open-face helmeted motorcycle rider who rear-ended a car at 90+ MPH. DUI rollover driver who had their arm out the window when their car rolled. One got pinned between a tractor trailer and a loading dock and broke both legs.

Seeing the way they fix broken bones of the face is actually pretty interesting. The jaw, the cheekbones, and the eye sockets can get pretty smashed, and getting to them without making a bunch of incisions and scars on someone's face is really creative at times how they access these areas.

And no, I don't get queasy at anything anymore.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Latest stuff, once again I discovered more rack damage. And it's oh so convenient that the area doesn't show up on cameras. Does anyone else have an absolutely worthless 2nd shift???
Rack was hit so hard me and the maintenance guy had to chain up the cross bar to get it pulled out, the upright was twisted as well but we managed to get a new bar in without having to replace the upright.

Attachments

• PXL_20221215_115759458.jpg
    PXL_20221215_115759458.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 11

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I've got some friends who work in ICUs and I've heard some similar stories. Big respect for you guys for being able to do what you do, I don't think I could handle that job.
It's funny how I landed into it. I got an entry-level job just transporting patients, did that for a couple years, and decided to dive deeper. It definitely took some getting used to, and there are some cases and patients that you always carry with you. But, overall, I still love what I do. Besides, I've worked those jobs that are incredibly physically demanding, or had me working in shop buildings that were 120* F in the summertime. It's mentally taxing, and sometimes emotionally draining. I've worked 36 hours straight, and I've put in a lot of late hours and long weeks, but it's rewarding too.

Mostly it has caused me to think about how there are lasting effects of momentary stupid choices. And sorry to you guys that ride motorcycles, but I could never do that now. I used to consider it before I got this job, but now, no way. It's not the rider, it's the other idiots on the road that can permanently change your life in an instant.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny how I landed into it. I got an entry-level job just transporting patients, did that for a couple years, and decided to dive deeper. It definitely took some getting used to, and there are some cases and patients that you always carry with you. But, overall, I still love what I do. Besides, I've worked those jobs that are incredibly physically demanding, or had me working in shop buildings that were 120* F in the summertime. It's mentally taxing, and sometimes emotionally draining. I've worked 36 hours straight, and I've put in a lot of late hours and long weeks, but it's rewarding too.

Mostly it has caused me to think about how there are lasting effects of momentary stupid choices. And sorry to you guys that ride motorcycles, but I could never do that now. I used to consider it before I got this job, but now, no way. It's not the rider, it's the other idiots on the road that can permanently change your life in an instant.
My Dad was a hospital orderly many years ago, when I was young and bulletproof, and he was always telling of the motorcycle accidents that had come in that night. It was only a matter of time before he was transferring me from the back of an ambulance to a hospital bed and taking me to get put back together. And yes it was another vehicle turning in front of me that sent me spiraling through the air ending in a crash landing. You have my respect for the work that you do.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My Dad was a hospital orderly many years ago, when I was young and bulletproof, and he was always telling of the motorcycle accidents that had come in that night. It was only a matter of time before he was transferring me from the back of an ambulance to a hospital bed and taking me to get put back together. And yes it was another vehicle turning in front of me that sent me spiraling through the air ending in a crash landing. You have my respect for the work that you do.

So now you're old and bulletproof, right?