Show us some job carnage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will remember them right after you settle with the insurance company.
Yeah that sounds about right. The good thing is snap-on does a real good job of keeping track of what you buy from them. Since 98% of the stuff was bought from him it will make it easier. I said screw going through the website and just going to get a print out. Only bad thing is i've bought some stuff from one dealer out of state 10 years ago and he is no longer in the business. But i've been dealing with my dealer 16 years so I'm sure he will help out. I'm sure when I talked to him all he could see was dollar signs.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ever have one of those nights where it's literally one thing after another, non-stop? Well, here's a couple highlights of mine. For starters I'm in my "old" truck because my "new" truck is in the shop for a failed steering linkage part at only 30K miles. Built F@RD Tough

First car of the night loaded and to the storage lot, going through the gate, the lot attendant hits the gate button and literally closes the gate on the car I've got on the hook. Swears he didn't but I know he did; there was nobody else there when I pulled up. I jammed on the brakes at the exact right moment that the gate stopped at the sidewall of the tire. Any further ahead or behind and it would have hit the fender. No damage, but I was still REALLY pissed off..

You must be registered for see images attach

Second vehicle of the night, somehow managed to pop the hydraulic system on the wrecker, just after loading. Had made it around the corner and set it down to re-grab, opened the claws, and they didn't sound right. Yup.. so now I'm sitting in a parking lot around the corner from where I just loaded, with the boom on the ground, extended, and disabled.

Hydraulic fluid all over the engine compartment and of course all over the ground under the truck. Not sure if a hose burst/split, or something else is going on, it certainly wasn't anything I was gonna fix on-site.

About 45 mins later with the help of a co-worker arriving so we could lift my boom up (which required me cracking open one of the hoses off the valve body so the fluid in the cylinder and lines could escape) I got a couple straps under it, secured to the frame rails, and limped the thing back to the shop with the boom sticking out, and swapped trucks to another so I could finish my shift.

Many more gory details to a really long night but most of them are just typical every night BS.

Richard

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. Started putting my list of tools lost in it and roughly half way through it and im already at 6-7k and that is with out the tool box. I also just figured out that my scanner was in there and not in my truck like it thought so the total goes up another couple grand on top of the tools that I actually use at work.
Damn man. I feel that in my soul. I hope insurance will cover everything to help you get back on your feet.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Ever have one of those nights where it's literally one thing after another, non-stop?

Are you mainly in repos? I've seen that happen in a parking lot once when I was working nights at a factory and a few guys from the lunch room saw it and went out to see what was going on. That driver looked like he was going to crap himself when a crowd of greasy night-shift factory workers walked out the door toward him. I felt really bad for the driver, he was only collecting a paycheck. Luckily nobody knew whos car was getting repo'd otherwise a couple of them were ready to start a fight.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you mainly in repos? I've seen that happen in a parking lot once when I was working nights at a factory and a few guys from the lunch room saw it and went out to see what was going on. That driver looked like he was going to crap himself when a crowd of greasy night-shift factory workers walked out the door toward him. I felt really bad for the driver, he was only collecting a paycheck. Luckily nobody knew whos car was getting repo'd otherwise a couple of them were ready to start a fight.
Nope. I've done plenty of repo in the past, it's sketchy as well, but this is all private property impound. The company I work for doesn't do any repo. The truck I had on the hook was parked in someone's paid reserved space. Private property impound is sketchy for a lot of the same reasons as repo, except you're going to the same places over and over, and often they know exactly where you're going (you generally use the closest storage lot that you regularly do business with) and sometimes will try to head you off. Being threatened, mobbed up on, chased, shot at, etc. is part of the game. Some people can handle it, some can't; some can take it for a while and it gets to be too much. I've been doing it nearly 20 years now. I like to say I can train anybody to do this work, but it's definitely not for everybody.

BTW greasy night shift factory workers don't phase me. I'm a little more worried about people that don't work for a living. :D That truck I had was towed out of an area in Houston called Greenspoint which is most locals call Gunspoint. We go all over the city and some of my best properties are some of the worst places to be. A whole lot of people with that arrogant "wish a muthaf**ka would" attitude, well, I like to make wishes come true.

:crazy:

Richard