Show us some job carnage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There is quite a few cameras around that area but I don't know if any of them caught the guilty party.
------------------------
Wish I remembered this thread when I saw the other incident, there was a temp employee a couple weeks ago who was nothing but trouble, trying to start fights with coworkers, just all around being a nuisance; well he hit a rack and hit it hard, and instead of doing the right thing and letting someone know he drove off. One of my coworkers went and alerted the assistant manager, and trouble employee was reprimanded.

Well apparently he thought I was the one who told the supervisor, so he tried starting sh*t 4 different times after the rack collision, I don't understand the childish mindset of some people. I'm 26, I'm not gonna fist fight the 21 year old temp because he thinks I tattled. It's such a mystery to me how people can conduct themselves in a manner like that on a daily basis.
Yup sounds like Walmart. We had some idiots there, older than me, whose behavior was so childish most of the time.....and some kids that were actually fairly mature.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
High school in my hometown reportedly has a litter box in the bathroom for students who 'identify' as a cat ... pure insanity... and shame on the school for entertaining/enabling it.
The high school I went too was in a small town so it came a shock when I heard this.

But a DFACS worker I'm good friends with was telling me that a student is "identifying" as a cat. And gets took to each class on a leash. With the other student being the "owner".

Blows my mind at the stupidity of the world

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Plumber here. A few years back we had to replace the sewer line in a city house that was in decrepit condition. The older dude who lived there was a hoarder, and kept crapping in the toilet even after the drain completely stopped.

The container of Comet next to the disgusting sink was a nice touch. The irony.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Automotive tech
Don't have anything great but first pic is a Buick enclave with it's running gear dropped out cause that's how you do timing chains and the crappy 3.6L.

2nd pic is of one of the rotted body mounts on a POS Ford sport Trac. You could feel the body rock side to side in curves where body would flex up of mounts.

You must be registered for see images attach

Replying on the Buick with the 3.6l. I have done hundreds of chains and timing cover reseals on these traverses and Acadia’s and have never dropped them out the bottom. I always do them from up top in half the time and don’t have to worry about alignment when done. Just a tip try it if you ever do another. The corner back by the firewall is tight but it is very possible. I personally prefer to do them from up top.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Plumber here. A few years back we had to replace the sewer line in a city house that was in decrepit condition. The older dude who lived there was a hoarder, and kept crapping in the toilet even after the drain completely stopped.
:doublepuke: That reminds of the show Hoarders, quite disturbing to say the least.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 yrs, ago I was fixin the rot in the eves on our house....

I rode the ladder down the side of the house and my legs went through the steps, I thought I broke my leg and I got to see my shin bone!

I had to lay on the couch or bed w a pillow to keep my leg above my heart for 7 or 10 days . The doc said not much blood flow on the shin and it could get infected. Every time I stood up to move around it hurt bad for weeks.

Last edited:

Intragration

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting concept here. So I was at the post office, picking up checks from the PO box a couple years ago. I stopped at the little desktop garbage can thing they had there, to open the checks and discard the envelopes. As I was standing there, something happened, but at first, I didn't know what it was. Everything went kind of dreamlike, and I just knew that something wasn't right. This is when the auditory-exclusion had already started, and I just kind of went with it for what felt like a couple minutes. I remember stepping to the left, and when I did, I looked to the right, and thought, "hmm, that's weird, there's a car in here too...". I can't emphasize how long this three second situation seemed to last.

Suddenly, everything snapped back to reality, and I felt a massive pain where the desk thing had hit my crotch. I stumbled and fell to the floor, but I was ok, just the massive sensation of having been kicked down there. Turns out, an older gentleman had mistaken the gas for the brake, and drove through the front window of the post office. I was standing AT the blue/grey garbage can thing, and had been pushed/stepped to my left. Guy drove THROUGH my PO box, where I had been standing not 15 seconds earlier. This is a fatality-type situation, and all I got was a ridiculously small cut on my hand from glass or something. I hadn't even noticed it until somebody pointed it out and wondered if I needed medical attention ha ha.

I felt bad for the guy in the car. I checked on him and he was fine, but he was around 80, and he's like "my kids are REALLY going to take my driver's license away from me now..." Someone was looking out for me that day...

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no pictures, just a narrative. I'm doing Reserve duty this week, and sure enough, this morning I heard "Sergeant Strawn, can you check the Ramp Ranger? It's cranking but won't start."

The Ramp Ranger is a trailer with a diesel-powered vacuum and a big tank and it's used for sucking up the de-icing fluid after de-icing a plane. It's scheduled to snow today and tonight, and one of the technicians was thinking ahead to check all the equipment before hand.

"If it's not starting, let's tow it back to the shop and troubleshoot it." I recommended.

"The squeegee is down and you have to start the engine to lift it." she answered.

Well, fart. It was already 30°F and drizzling. The Ramp Ranger has a little Kubota diesel 4-banger. Being in Oklahoma, it sits for eight to ten months at a time and sometimes loses its prime. I grabbed a bag of tools to bleed the injectors and drove across the flightline to a hidden spot behind the hangar where the crewchiefs are "storing it".

I loosened the nuts on the injectors, but after cranking a bit I wasn't getting any fuel. I started back-tracking through the fuel system and found the line from the fuel filter to the pump was empty. I decided to check and see if there was fuel in the fuel filter, and I discovered the fuel filter split open. Hmm... that's weird. I drove back to the shop and got a new fuel filter and the jump box because the battery was struggling.

I put the new filter on and tried using both the finger-operated priming pump on the side of the fuel pump and the starter to try and get it primed. Nothing. The fuel system is pretty straightforward and simple, so I went back to the shop again and got a gallon of diesel, a tiny funnel, and a squirt can of oil. I shot oil up into the fuel pump to prime the seals. I filled the fuel line and filter with diesel. Again I tried using the priming pump and cranking the engine to get fuel flowing, and after a while I started getting fluid out of the top of the injectors, but it didn't look right. I dipped a glove in it and smelled. Water. I looked under the fuel tank, and there was a 1" drain plug, but no spigot.

I drove back to the shop (see a theme here?) in time for lunch. After lunch I grabbed a ford wrench and a bucket. I drained almost a gallon out of the tank, one big gush at a time. The "fuel" didn't smell and I couldn't see a separation layer between the water and fuel. Weird. I drove the sample back to the shop to get a second set of eyes on it. With better lighting and warmer air so my sniffer could work, we realized it was all water. I went back and drained more. As I drained, a gush at a time, I suddenly got the strong smell of fuel. I'd drained 1.5 gallons of water at that point. I checked the new fuel filter and it was full of nothing but water from me trying to prime it. I put another new filter on it, drained what I could out of the injector lines, and then proceeded to start priming again, but the battery and jump box were both dead.

I drove back to the shop again, tossed the old battery into the battery room for charging, put the jump box on a charger, and got a brand spankin' new $200 Optima battery. I dumped all the contaminated fuel into the waste fuel barrel and cleaned out the bucket. I headed back across the flightline.

I cranked and almost immediately got water out of the injectors. I cranked and cranked and thought I was going to kill a brand new battery, but then the motor banged once... twice... I tightened the injectors and it came to life. Success!

Mind you, this piece of equipment is supposed to get an inspection every six months. I checked the maintenance forms on it, and someone signed it off in August. The fact that the fuel filter was split tells me that water was in there last year. We's gonna have a chat tomorrow about pencil-whipping. Then we're going to have a chat with the crewchiefs about storing it inside like they promised they would.