Show me your LED's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are what's known as a 44mm "rigid loop festoon."

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...561-led-bulb-9-smd-led-festoon-44mm-rvb/2534/

Same size as a 211-2, but different connectors.

As far as the 194 map lights, I'm assuming you mean the ones in the overhead consoles? You need to either buy bulbs small enough to fit (not much will, mostly single 120 degree SMD 194 bulbs) or modify the sockets a little. There's a couple write ups floating around on here.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-led-map-light-conversion-overhead-console.7050/

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/upgrade-your-map-lights.6269/

EDIT - These should fit with no modifications, but might not be quite as bright as what you're looking for.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...b-1-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/204/
Thank you for the help

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Does anyone know the LED bulb size to replace this light?
You must be registered for see images attach

Also any ideas on how to replace the 194's in the map lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll add to the other reply. The festoons are correct. 42 and 44mm will work. The center dome is the same just has caps over the loops so they stay in the clips..

The overhead console maps allow you a few options. You can modify the reflector to make any 194 fit or you can take out the reflector and sacrifice a little intensity. My bulbs fit with the reflectors but it was tight. One kept popping out of the socket. I don't recommend my way. I "convinced" it to stay in with a little force. I could have easily broken anything in there. I chalk it up to pure luck that I didn't.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
***SUPER BIG/LONG POST***
But it is an LED thread, right?

I guess I'll go ahead a post all my LEDs and LED mods.

The first thing I did was do underglow and grille lights. I took some 5m (16.4 feet) long LED strips I cut to length and placed behind the grille, along the sides, and under the front and back of the truck. The color I chose was green, because that's the accent color I chose to go with... Plus the Yukon is green. It was roughly $20 to $25 with the 5m roll of LEDs, relay, wire, and switch.

Next I got some bulbs for my side markers and front turn signals. On my Jeep, years ago, I got the SMD 5050 LEDs and I loved them at first. But over time I've come to not like that style because they are very dim in the daylight and you also can't really make out the brightness difference when the turn signal was on.

So I knew when I did the LEDs on the Yukon I was going to spend a little more money and be more happy in the long run. So I knew I wanted a Cree style LED so I went with some green 50w cree 1157 LEDs. They were $70 for all 4 but they are well worth the money and you can get them in multiple colors and wattage for cheaper. They are so much brighter and you can actually see the difference in dim and bright. You can also see them in the daylight without a problem. If I'd change anything, I'd probably get the 80w versions just for more brightness.

I also got some green COB 194 LEDs for the marker lights... if I'd change anything, I would get the SMD 5630 that has 6 LEDs in one bulb. I though the COB would be better since I had some problem with the 194 SMD 5050's in the past on my Jeep, but the COBs aren't as bright. I don't remember what I paid for the COB 194's

Next I did the gauge with the standard green SMD 5050 194 LEDs, 6 of them. Again, don't remember what I paid for them.

Then I got me some green 80mm COB halo rings, 4 of them, to put into my eBay halo/projector headlights. I think $30 for both sets. I also got some 5mm green LEDs from superbrightleds to change the 3 white LEDs that are in the headlights.

If I'd change anything, I'd get some RGB (colorshift) halo rings instead of single color. Which I actually have, setting in a box, waiting for me to change them out. The 80mm RGB halo rings I got were $60 for 4.

Then I installed clearance/cab lights and used green SMD 5050 194 LEDs.

Then I got an ID bar for the back. It has the standard 3 red LEDs and then the rest are reverse lights. Was $15.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Then I got the Lightwerkz Off-Road Premium 07-15 GMC emblem inserts. It's RGB LED boards made to fit into the 07-15 GMC truck emblems. It was $130 for the inserts with a bluetooth controller, then I picked up a 2015 GMC emblem for $45.

Next I changed my GMT800 style mirrors to the K2XX style mirrors. When I got them I disassembled them and took the amber front clearance light apart, added a Klearz lense ($80) and added 4 green led strips in each mirror. The outside 2 are dim running and bright turn and the inner 2 LEDs are just turn.

Here is a video of the lights on the mirrors and how I have them wired up, it's also kinda an overview too. (warning, first video like this so it's kinda shaky)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Next I put on some Bushwacker OE fender flares and I added some Maxxima 3/4" LEDs. Green for the front facing ones, $14, and red for the back facing ones, $11.

Then I got some LED tail lights ($102) and an updated LED 3rd brake light ($43).

Here is a video of my exterior LED lights as of this point.

Then I did the rest of the dash and door switches, all green from superbrightleds.
Started with the rear hatch pop, took the switch apart and and took a NEO3 LED ($1.95 a piece) apart and soldered them into the old bulb place.

Then did the HVAC and A/C and Recirculation button. T1.5 LEDs ($1.95 a piece) for all, 3 for HVAC and one for each button.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Then did the rear wiper switch, did the same as the hatch pop, used 2 leds.

Then passenger door, NEO4 LED ($1.95 a piece)

Rear door NEO3 LED

Headlight switch NEO4 LED

Driver door, the window switch is NEO4 and the door lock is NEO3

Power mirror switch, did the same as rear wiper and hatch pop, except I didn't have to solder, I just installed them into the post sticking out of the PCB.

Here's a video I did of all the interior lighting at the time.

Then I won a 7" LED light bar from Lightwerkz Off-Road with a halo and installed that.

Then I got a Escalade gauge cluster and while I was swapping my odometer over from my factory gauge I saw the orange LEDs for the gear shift indicator and I changed those to green using the leftover 5mm LEDs I'd gotten for the headlights.

Here is a video I did of the LED on the gear selector.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/100936816@N02/25677674244/in/photostream/

And that's pretty much it as of right now, I do plan to post more when I swap the halos out and also put underglow in the wheel wells, do the rest of the interior lights, plus anything else I might do.