Show me your LED's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Nice to know, that's even better than wiring up load resistors! I'll see if I can find a link to buying one of these LED flasher relays.
Got mine at Napa. $15 and a 30 second swap.
I found mine at local autozone. They stocked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate autozone. But that's for personal reasons.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What?

Reaction score
Zevo led are bright for the taillights. I'll post pictures/video later tonight.

What?

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Upon installing the Zevo 3157 bulb, It does not have dim and bright at the same time like stock 2 filament bulb does. It's installed either dim or bright side (Rotate 180 for the difference). This is the bright side.

I left the stock 3157 bulb on the top part otherwise there will be no running lamp on.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score

Upon installing the Zevo 3157 bulb, It does not have dim and bright at the same time like stock 2 filament bulb does. It's installed either dim or bright side (Rotate 180 for the difference). This is the bright side.

I left the stock 3157 bulb on the top part otherwise there will be no running lamp on.
The stock bulbs do not light both filaments either. If your brake light filament goes inoperative, and you hit the brakes, the running light cuts out. Two filaments burning in the same bulb at full strength would be too much heat and blow the bulb when it goes out and the glass cools.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What?

Reaction score
4157 Stock vs 3157 Zevo

What?

Reaction score
Close up on Zevo 3157. It's something I would recommend. Local Auto stores carry them, kept the receipt due to the mention of lifetime warranty. I'm surprised it's brighter than stock bulbs and even during the day.

You must be registered for see images attach

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know the LED bulb size to replace this light?

Also any ideas on how to replace the 194's in the map lights?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know the LED bulb size to replace this light?

Also any ideas on how to replace the 194's in the map lights?

Those are what's known as a 44mm "rigid loop festoon."

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...561-led-bulb-9-smd-led-festoon-44mm-rvb/2534/

Same size as a 211-2, but different connectors.

As far as the 194 map lights, I'm assuming you mean the ones in the overhead consoles? You need to either buy bulbs small enough to fit (not much will, mostly single 120 degree SMD 194 bulbs) or modify the sockets a little. There's a couple write ups floating around on here.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-led-map-light-conversion-overhead-console.7050/

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/upgrade-your-map-lights.6269/

EDIT - These should fit with no modifications, but might not be quite as bright as what you're looking for. To get into the housings you can just push up on the lens and turn counterclockwise with your thumb, the housing will fall right out after a quarter turn or so. If they're really stubborn you can use a screwdriver or torx bit in the little indent in the middle.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...b-1-smd-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/204/

Last edited: