Should I myself tint my windows or take it somewhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For those who have tinted there windows, how do you deal with those little black dots that now make up the outside of most windows? I was going to do mine but only one shop locally has the good tint..

WHy would something on the outside matter?
What are the dots? the frit that hides the adhesive?
I have only tinted a few windows but took them out and did them at the kitchen table.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
The little black dots are the dot matrix
They're on the inside

You use those as your guide

You must be registered for see images attach

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just run the tint right over the dots. I have tinted my own for years and never had issue with it.

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do it yourself...just need razor blade a old card and windex or soapy water....I’ve done all my trucks 2.5 %

sbnova

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tinted all my cars windows myself for as long as I can remember. I've used every grade of tint possible, from Walmart tint to professional grade. Most recently, I used "FlexFilm" and I think it's great. Most recently, I've learned a cheap tint job is from using cheap tint, whether done yourself or paid for. I only use good grade now, ceramic mostly. FlexFilm and other places have good videos on YouTube also.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I've tried it a couple of times, and ended up cussing with a wadded up pile of tint.

Have it done.